Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: SSP questions and help  (Read 3099 times)

oldthermometer

• Happy Cooker
SSP questions and help
« on: June 03, 2024, 04:15:43 AM »
I’m having a problem with the old 7409 one touch system. When I picked up my SSP the blades in the fully closed position didn’t cover the vent holes fully.

I took it apart, cleaned it a bit and put it back just to test it. However, the same problem happened after a few sweeps so I wouldn’t be able to fully shut down after a cook. Anyone have any theories about why this would be happening?

I resorted to putting in the newer style 7444 sweeps in for the time being and using stainless cable ties to hold the basket in place. Really hate the solution but it is functional.

I’ve been noticing after a rain that there is water in the ash bucket. Is the lift and turn style of one touch system just prone to that? I’ve never had this issue on the squeeze and pull down style.

I plan on doing a full restore on this grill sometime in the future but it came with a full tank of propane so I’m waiting until that runs out before going crazy on it.

Thanks for reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Babekyu

• WKC Brave
Re: SSP questions and help
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2024, 03:59:58 AM »
So it was fine after you cleaned it and put it back together, then it went awry again after it was reassembled?  Very strange.  I have these diagrams from a One-Tiuch manual that I got from @JEBIV, when he sold me the original ash sweep system for my SSP, which by the way, is exactly the same as yours.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Weber Spirit Gasser/Weber Kettle 22" Black (AA-2011)/Weber Performer Black/Weber SS Performer Red Mist (EE-1999)/26" Master Touch Smoke Grey/Weber Smokey Mountain 22" Black - 3"casters/unknown bbq hinge/lavalock vent handles (4) - Sold