Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kettle Karma? Maybe  (Read 6055 times)

Gringo

• WKC Ranger
Kettle Karma? Maybe
« on: October 04, 2023, 12:23:29 PM »
The week you realize you “must” put something new in your kettle just because…..then work gets in the way!

Beef ribs, started early and since working through the day I threw the venom on the Performer.

All went great, pulled off to wrap at 190•…. Work got in the way, didn’t get back to them until 218. :-(

Good but not excellent!  Fun for a weekday!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Kettle Karma? Maybe
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2023, 02:31:38 AM »
they look good
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2023, 03:25:21 AM »
I’ve tried these once and for the price didn’t think they were worth it.  Yours look good!  Were they tender?  I couldn’t get mine tender.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

Gringo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2023, 12:27:44 PM »
Thanks Joe, and Greg, I didn’t get the pics of the bites as I did them for local friends but I would say they were excellent.  Tender, juicy and Vite through. You notice on last pic that I used a cheat method aka “Pro Tip” and smoked some beef tallow and pour over when wrapping.

I got my process from Jeremy Yoder aka MadScientistBBQ….Grill temp 275 until ribs at 190 and then wrap, add tallow  and move temp to 325 until probe tender which for me was 200 degrees internal. Let rest for 3 hours and served.

I used a good butcher (hard to find in my area) for them and say they were a bit pricey. Meat was good quality.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2023, 01:01:53 PM »
Thanks for the details….  Just may have to try these again with this method.  Dinner time yet?  Getting hungry down here.[emoji1]

Gringo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2023, 04:46:58 PM »
Are out tonight but will be cooking at least once this weekend on a kettle if not twice. Pics a comin’ !!

noreaster

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2023, 05:22:18 PM »
I get the wild fork prime short ribs. Cook low and slow to 200. No wrap.  Takes 5 to 6 hours or so. No complaints evaaahhhh. Or you could put them in a dutch oven w red wine or beef broth. Very tender both ways

Sent from my SM-G970U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Cuda Dan

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2023, 12:52:48 PM »
What a great BBQ
Two '86 Red OT 22's (sold one G), '85 Red OT 22, '88 Red OT 22's, '93 Red MT 22 (aka Donna), '93 Red SS Performer (non-gas and non-casters), '02 Green OTP( my brother in law has it now), '04 Green OTG