Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Leftover Prime Rib Success  (Read 265 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Leftover Prime Rib Success
« on: March 29, 2023, 03:33:41 PM »
Have done many in the past, usually put leftovers in the freezer for a year.  Not this time, decided to slice, grill and eat.  Was wonderful with au jus salad and cauliflower tots.  I highly recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Leftover Prime Rib Success
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 05:19:51 AM »
I like everything going on here.  I haven’t heard of cauliflower tots but we will have to make those soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

FlashHokie

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 05:21:58 AM »
Great idea and looks delicious!

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

OkieGirl

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2023, 06:29:40 AM »
Those look great!
I did pretty much the same with our Christmas prime rib roast - smoked the whole thing then cut into individual steaks and seared on the gasser.  We liked them a lot.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2023, 11:18:16 AM »
love the idea
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2023, 11:36:46 AM »
What you did looks delicious, but, what is this mysterious thing you call "Leftover Prime Rib"?

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2023, 11:50:50 AM »
Thanks all, was tasty for sure.....

What you did looks delicious, but, what is this mysterious thing you call "Leftover Prime Rib"?

BD
Leftover prime rib - being just two of us this weekend there was some and I was glad!  Actually the grilled leftover version rivaled the original.  I think next time these go on sale I'll just carve ribeyes....

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2023, 12:23:34 PM »

BD
Leftover prime rib - being just two of us this weekend there was some and I was glad!  Actually the grilled leftover version rivaled the original.  I think next time these go on sale I'll just carve ribeyes....
I don't know, I think this is a better reverse sear option, stays juicier and a much more fun cook LOL, vac seal what you dont sear for the next cook
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2023, 12:28:41 PM »

BD
I don't know, I think this is a better reverse sear option, stays juicier and a much more fun cook LOL, vac seal what you dont sear for the next cook
I want to try sous vide with a ribeye which I've never done.  We started with filet mignon which is probably my favorite and have been really happy doing chuck eye steaks that way.  Sous vide to 130F and sear the hell out of them over blistering hot jealous devil lump flipping every 45 to 60 seconds or so.  SO good and still medium rare inside if I get thick ones....

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2023, 02:16:41 PM »

BD

;{)

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna