Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New member asking for a friend :-)  (Read 1895 times)

bonehead762

• Happy Cooker
New member asking for a friend :-)
« on: February 23, 2023, 07:28:40 AM »
 Hello, my name is Mark. I’ve been smoking meat for a couple decades but I haven’t gotten very good at grilling. However, I’ve purchased a Weber Master Touch 22” for my brother. I’m looking for help setting up/seasoning the grill and any tips I can pass on to my brother, a new grilled.

SixZeroFour

Re: New member asking for a friend :-)
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2023, 11:25:27 AM »
Hi Mark, welcome to the site!

There really isnt a NEED to season a kettle straight out the box - especially if the main focus is grilling - but it will certainly help to seal up the grill a bit to make temp control a little more percise... I usually like to recommend cooking something easy and greasy to both help speed along that process and also to get a feel for temperature adjustments etc.

A two zone charcoal setup (with lit coals pushed to one side of the grill and no coals on the other side) is a great way to start as it lets you pull the meat on and off of the direct heat of the charcoal.

Other than that good old trial by fire is the best way to learn. Maybe skip the brisket or prime rib for the first few cooks but otherwise just dive in!  8)
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2023, 11:55:47 AM »
good advice from he who is above LOL
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bonehead762

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2023, 09:53:57 AM »
Thanks very much.