Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Trying to locate a Support Extension for Weber 22" jumbo Joe premium Charcoal grill  (Read 233 times)

TomN

• Happy Cooker
I am trying to get some more Grill clearance to be able to utilize my 5 inch high slow and sear attachment.

My current clearance is 4 inches. Thank you in advance for any recommendations you may have. Best regards.
Tom in Phoenix, Arizona

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

ASpitzer

• WKC Brave
In one of Tom Horsman's videos- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBcn0ZGqvqU - at about the 6:35 mark he shows some clips that raise the cooking grate up. I made some out of steel but haven't tried them yet. Looks like they will work. I hope the link I put here works. The title to the video is USA Made Weber 22” Kettle Heat Diffuser and Charcoal Basket Review / Cajun Turkey Roast Indirect! Maybe you can look for it if the link doesn't work.
1957 Wood Dale Demo, MLH Mothership Ranch, 1980 Smokey Joe Black, 2014 Smokey Joe Black, 1992 Master Touch Green, 2022 Original Black, Glen Blue 26 in., 70th Anniversary Hot Rod Yellow

TomN

• Happy Cooker
Hi ASpitzer, thx for the reply. I did see that video, he mentions "Skyflame" as a source, who no longer carries the clips, I also found these on Amazon:
[IMG]
I think they will not work on my kettle, it looks like they require pre-stamped tab openings to be able to receive the clips. I guess the search goes on…

TomN

• Happy Cooker
I ended up going with this from Amazon:

The plan is to attach four of these on the inside of the kettle, using a 10-32 black stainless button head screw on the outside of kettle, and fastening it down with a stainless locking washer and nut. I will let you know how this works out. Here is the Amazon link:

25 x 25mm L Brackets Corner Brace 90 Degrees Right Angled Fastener Connecter with Screws for Wood Furniture Shelves, Cabinet, Bed Fixation, Black 20 Pcs https://a.co/d/dTaUwq7