Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Performer Redhead Restore Project  (Read 693 times)

DaGoomba

• WKC Brave
New Performer Redhead Restore Project
« on: October 31, 2022, 11:38:34 AM »
Been awhile since I have been on the boards but came across this freebie today and picked it up. An older EI (1997) redhead performer that needs some TLC (the pic looks better than in person). Thinking of cleaning her up and doing some restoration. Definitely seen better days. The, one touch ash catcher, propane tank, old charcoal baskets etc are all there...

Any advice for someone looking to do their first kettle restore? I know this site is a treasure trove of info from what I've seen over the years.

Thanks in advance!
Nick

mattstaub

• WKC Brave
Re: New Performer Redhead Restore Project
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 01:05:59 PM »
The SSP is the best cart they ever made. Glad to see a red one.  I have a black one that is slightly rotti g out around the vents so I'll be following this thread with interest.

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bigjeffb

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2022, 02:14:27 AM »
I've been waiting for an SSP cart to put my WSM in, but I wouldn't have the heart to do it to this one.
Hell of a freebie!
"I'm not a pit master, and I'm not a chef. I'm just a guy who manages not to burn food."

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2022, 04:33:04 PM »
I love the red SSP

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

DaGoomba

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2022, 06:04:06 PM »
The SSP is the best cart they ever made. Glad to see a red one.  I have a black one that is slightly rotti g out around the vents so I'll be following this thread with interest.

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Thanks! Yes the more I examine this more, there are alot needed to it. I'll have to post pics at a later time. One of the legs is expanded as if water got into it and froze which expanded the square tube into almost round... also rust and the kettle has rust too around weld points. this will take some time

DaGoomba

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2022, 06:05:00 PM »
I've been waiting for an SSP cart to put my WSM in, but I wouldn't have the heart to do it to this one.
Hell of a freebie!

Cool thanks! ya it was free but man it is beat up.. the pic doesn't show it all ha! I love the red though!

DaGoomba

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2022, 06:05:24 PM »
I love the red SSP

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Same here!