Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: DH Genesis Clean Up  (Read 1139 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
DH Genesis Clean Up
« on: March 31, 2022, 12:24:39 PM »
Had to work all night for a power outage (generator monitoring) last night, got off at noon and took some time to clean up my new find.  She cleaned up nicely with little effort - worst part was the greasy bottom tray but I think the oils left on it by the previous owner helped keep it rust free.  This one was in much better shape internally than my DU code.  Burners and flavorizers are in grate shape (SS) and I put a nicer newer cooking grate in.  Will probably replace the wheels as I’m not wild about this style.  Pegged the thermometer during initial burn in.  Gunna sell one of my older red ones this weekend….

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: DH Genesis Clean Up
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 04:58:16 AM »
She looks real nice all cleaned up !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 05:30:39 AM »
She looks real nice all cleaned up !!
Thanks! 

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2022, 08:17:01 AM »
That genie and griddle look to be a winning combination, nice!

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2022, 08:23:22 AM »
That genie and griddle look to be a winning combination, nice!
Thanks.  I've used the griddle with the DU code and I like the stainless on stainless look.  I've got to grind off a small section of the griddle on both sides at the front so the lid closes on the grill when installed, and the thermometer hits the griddle when closing the lid.  Not sure there's much I can do about that other than pull the thermometer when in use.  Pretty pleased with the setup overall.