Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Publix Bone In Rib Roast Sale  (Read 832 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Publix Bone In Rib Roast Sale
« on: December 09, 2021, 03:48:56 PM »
For those of you in the SE…… $6.79/lb.  They de-bone and tie the rib rack back on with butchers twine..We are set for our New Years rotisserie cook!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 03:51:49 PM by bamakettles »

FlashHokie

• WKC Brave
Re: Publix Bone In Rib Roast Sale
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 04:19:40 PM »
I'll have to swing by to there tomorrow to see the selection. I tried BJs today and struck out. Thanks for the heads up @bamakettles!

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2021, 04:20:52 PM »
Greg, with savings like that, you should be able to buy some beer and wine. Oh wait you did!!

Cheer

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2021, 05:16:58 PM »

I'll have to swing by to there tomorrow to see the selection. I tried BJs today and struck out. Thanks for the heads up @bamakettles!

You bet!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Publix Bone In Rib Roast Sale
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2021, 05:17:27 PM »
Greg, with savings like that, you should be able to buy some beer and wine. Oh wait you did!!

Cheer
Yep, we never skip that aisle lol….puppy treats too!

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2021, 01:10:56 AM »

Cheer
Yep, we never skip that aisle lol….puppy treats too!

haha  I rarely skip that aisle!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2021, 03:20:19 AM »
Typically our New Years meal as well, I always go to Publix, they always do such a good job
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2021, 05:14:36 AM »
Typically our New Years meal as well, I always go to Publix, they always do such a good job
What is your prep / cook method?  Last year I did Alton Brown's method of salting the outside, wrapping the roast in cheesecloth (3 layers) for a week in the fridge uncovered, then on the rotisserie basted with a mix of butter, olive oil, herbs and a little soy sauce to IT of 120F I believe - have to look at my notes.  Turned out amazing.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2021, 05:26:43 AM »
Pics from last New Years cook….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlashHokie

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2021, 05:37:36 AM »
Wow!! That looks amazing!

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2021, 05:46:14 AM »
Wow!! That looks amazing!

Thanks!  Last year's was a 2 bone.  This year I got a 3 bone thanks to the sale....  Oh, also the baste has fresh garlic in it which I forgot to mention and the initial salt is very light - like just a tablespoon before the cheesecloth.  More seasoning is added later just before the cook after giving it a good olive oil rub.  I'm pretty sure I just used kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2021, 06:05:50 AM »
What is your prep / cook method?  Last year I did Alton Brown's method of salting the outside, wrapping the roast in cheesecloth (3 layers) for a week in the fridge uncovered, then on the rotisserie basted with a mix of butter, olive oil, herbs and a little soy sauce to IT of 120F I believe - have to look at my notes.  Turned out amazing.
I change it up constantly, salt encrusted one year which was awesome, dry age similar to yours, no cheesecloth, trimmed rib cap off one year for another meal and who knows how I will do it this year ? The cap will definitly come off because Tami does not like the cap cooked with the rest of the ribeye, a nice rolled ribcap for another cook is awesome. I don't take notes, semi photographic memory helps me along.
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2021, 06:25:02 AM »
I change it up constantly, salt encrusted one year which was awesome, dry age similar to yours, no cheesecloth, trimmed rib cap off one year for another meal and who knows how I will do it this year ? The cap will definitly come off because Tami does not like the cap cooked with the rest of the ribeye, a nice rolled ribcap for another cook is awesome. I don't take notes, semi photographic memory helps me along.
All sound good for sure.  I like to keep the fat cap on - keeps the spinalis from getting too done IME.  The ribs will definitely be a separate meal but will cook with the roast on the spit.  My notes are mostly by memory supported by pictures and links on my phone lol....

FlashHokie

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2021, 11:37:22 AM »
I can't get pictures to load but my rib roast is secured!! We'll cook it for Christmas. Now to decide on the recipe. Thanks again @bamakettles for the info. $6.79 per lb is hard to beat.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2021, 11:41:17 AM »
I can't get pictures to load but my rib roast is secured!! We'll cook it for Christmas. Now to decide on the recipe. Thanks again @bamakettles for the info. $6.79 per lb is hard to beat.

Awesome, glad it worked out for you!