Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Oysters  (Read 269 times)

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
Re: Oysters
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2021, 06:29:05 AM »
Sorry Bama, but I’m not there yet. Smoked baby clams on crackers sure, but not oysters. Interesting article.
Now, There are very few foods that I ‘hate’, oysters is one, and cooked spinach is another ( I like spinach raw).
Yet I like Baked Oysters Rockefeller and can’t explain it.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 06:47:54 AM by stillgriller »
Happiness is found under the lid of a charcoal grill.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2021, 07:00:33 AM »
Sorry Bama, but I’m not there yet. Smoked baby clams on crackers sure, but not oysters. Interesting article.
Now, There are very few foods that I ‘hate’, oysters is one, and cooked spinach is another ( I like spinach raw).
Yet I like Baked Oysters Rockefeller and can’t explain it.
I'm not an oyster lover for sure.  There are many other things I prefer, but when on vacation in the Apalachicola FL area we really enjoy the local farm raised oysters from Oyster Boss which supplies the local restaurants with these one of a kind treats.  They're a little sweet, a little salty and when ice cold with a little Crystal sauce are about the best darn thing to have with a cold beer.  Interestingly, I don't care for fried oysters which have a metal taste to me for whatever reason.  I can eat Rockefeller or even grilled but prefer raw - at least from this source.

My hate list begins with chicken livers which also taste like metal to me followed by any other type of organ meat.  Yuk!

noreaster

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2021, 04:59:15 PM »
Raw for sure. Massachusetts has some of the best in the world

Sent from my SM-G970U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

stillgriller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2021, 05:06:15 PM »
Are you from MA? I grew up in western MA, haven't been back in years.
Happiness is found under the lid of a charcoal grill.