Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 1st Cooks on New Summit Kamado?!  (Read 205 times)

WaWaZat

• Smokey Joe
1st Cooks on New Summit Kamado?!
« on: August 25, 2021, 01:41:03 PM »
I just bit the bullet and invested in a brand new Summit S6 Kamado Grill Center! I’ve been grilling on a Weber Performer for over 20 years but never anything too serious. So as still a beginner, delving into the world of BBQ cheffing, what are some recommendations for the very 1st cook as well as subsequent “beginner 1st cooks”?
Summit Kamado S6 Charcoal Grill Center

blu082003

• WKC Brave
Re: 1st Cooks on New Summit Kamado?!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2021, 01:53:40 PM »
Congrats I have the e6 and love it. It cooks everything well. I think the first cook I did was a pork butt to see how easy it is to manage temps. BTW it’s very easy. Enjoy what ever you decide to cook

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

MoparProud

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 02:30:37 PM »
I think ribs were my first (I have the S6’s predecessor, Summit Charcoal). But it does everything very VERY well. Sear steaks? It’s the best I’ve had. 16 hour brisket? It laughs it off. I got mine for winter cooks and smokes because when the wind picks up in winter a kettle drops temps quick!

Pork butt is a solid first smoke. But dang, it does everything so well it’s a toss up haha.

WaWaZat

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2021, 07:57:50 PM »
Where is a good place to get beginner BBQ instructs and recipes for searing steaks and smoking pork butt, brisket and ribs, for this grill?
Summit Kamado S6 Charcoal Grill Center

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2021, 03:27:41 AM »
They used to send out this cookbook after you registered your grill. It doesn't have everything but it is better than nothing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 03:52:31 AM by Kneab »
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

MoparProud

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2021, 06:16:05 PM »
They still send that book. Which is a cool touch. Yeah you can buy the book itself but it’s a nice touch.

I got mine which was a brand new three year old unit so I figured the book was a promo from when the Summit came out and didn’t expect it. It showed up shortly after. Folks have said it still comes with the S6