Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Connect Smart Grilling Hub?  (Read 261 times)

WaWaZat

• Smokey Joe
Weber Connect Smart Grilling Hub?
« on: August 24, 2021, 11:50:11 AM »
Does anyone use probes for basic grilling, for things like steaks? I'm always be-bopping around while BBQing, so many times leave them on too long!

Something like the Weber Connect Smart Grilling Hub that connects to my smartphone seems it was made for people like me! Am I correct in thinking so?

Or is there a technique or something better that would work for my situation?

https://www.weber.com/US/en/accessories/accessories-by-category/smart-gadgets/weber-connect-smart-grilling-hub/3201.html
Summit Kamado S6 Charcoal Grill Center

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Weber Connect Smart Grilling Hub?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 11:55:11 AM »
I prefer the thermoworks smoke IMHO, and i typically monitor my steak temp if an inch thick or thicker

https://www.thermoworks.com/Smoke
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Weber Connect Smart Grilling Hub?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 12:33:30 PM »
I use Maverick remote thermometers quite often.   It doesn’t interface to my phone but that feature would be nice as long as the connection is reliable. 

I’d pick a very reliable one if you cook often or in varying weather conditions.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 12:36:38 PM by michaelmilitello »

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 12:41:34 PM »
I use a meater+ for reverse searing steaks and other things as well.  Wireless works great for me.....  It gives pit temp and internal temp for the indirect part of the cook, then I remove it and sear.

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2021, 03:11:44 PM »
I love the connect, especially now that the app has all the kinks worked out.  I usually use it for low and slow cuts of meat.  Don’t have the opportunity to cook thick steaks too often, otherwise I’d use it with them as well.  Love that it connects to WiFi.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2021, 06:48:44 PM »
I use probes when I'm doing roasts or low and slow. Steaks and such...no, but the I don't "bee bop " around when I'm cooking. I pay attention to the cook.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2021, 04:25:56 AM »
I use probes when I'm doing roasts or low and slow. Steaks and such...no, but the I don't "bee bop " around when I'm cooking. I pay attention to the cook.
I couldn't picture you bee bopping ever !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill