Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Footlongs!  (Read 311 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Footlongs!
« on: August 28, 2021, 05:19:03 PM »
Junk food Saturday night, foot long 1/4 lb beef franks slow roasted with a quick sear on the GB 26" did not disappoint.......

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
Re: Footlongs!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2021, 05:34:20 PM »
Oh yeah….very nice! I read that every hot dog you eat takes 37 days off your life. If that’s true I should have died 13 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2021, 05:39:39 PM »

Oh yeah….very nice! I read that every hot dog you eat takes 37 days off your life. If that’s true I should have died 13 years ago.

That’s awesome…… same, I’d have been long gone by now!  We do go all beef, which might help although I’ve got two racks of pork ribs in the fridge that are going on the WSM tomorrow.  It’ll probably be the booze and cigars that get me, not the hot dogs… ; )

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

Packin Heat

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2021, 07:18:09 AM »
A good hot dog is tough to beat. I'm partial to Chicago style Vienna Beef but I would not refuse one of those beauties.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 06:49:49 AM »
A good hot dog is tough to beat. I'm partial to Chicago style Vienna Beef but I would not refuse one of those beauties.
Thanks, still have tons of these in the fridge (Costco 15 pack I think) and I'll have to get out the vac sealer for the rest. 

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2021, 06:50:58 AM »

@bbqking01 I did some searching on the internet and if you believe everything you read there's good news!  Eating a hot dog only takes 36 minutes off your life, not days.  Feeling much better about these now lol...

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2021, 12:23:15 PM »

@bbqking01 I did some searching on the internet and if you believe everything you read there's good news!  Eating a hot dog only takes 36 minutes off your life, not days.  Feeling much better about these now lol...

But there is an offset to that! Every pint of craft beer you drink actually adds 36 minutes to your life! But Bud Light and Coors Light did not help in the longevity study.
2021 Bluebonnet Brewoff Winner
1st Place Gold Medal - Munich Helles
1st Place Gold Medal - Oktoberfest

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2021, 01:01:41 PM »

But there is an offset to that! Every pint of craft beer you drink actually adds 36 minutes to your life! But Bud Light and Coors Light did not help in the longevity study.

More good news!!!

WVKettle

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2021, 09:58:36 PM »

I agree a good Grilled Hotdog is special thing. I have a hard time finding the right size but for those quarter pounders...   

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2021, 05:38:46 AM »

I agree a good Grilled Hotdog is special thing. I have a hard time finding the right size but for those quarter pounders...
Costco had these as well as the footlong buns.  We cooked 4, I ate 1 and finished my wife's and had a couple of lunches this week.  It was a pack of Kirkland all beef that had 14 dogs in it.  Needless to say, we vac sealed 10 packs of 2 and put them in the freezer for later cooks.  I won't be buying hot dogs for a while lol....