Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Short Rib Success  (Read 197 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Short Rib Success
« on: August 02, 2021, 12:51:31 PM »
Thought I'd try something new this past weekend and cooked short ribs on my WSM.  Seasoned with Holy Cow rub and cooked low and slow - brisket style I guess you could say around 250F.  Wrapped in butcher paper at 175F about 7 hours in and pulled at 203F around the 10 hour mark.  They took forever to get past the stall, but were totally worth the wait.  These are pricey, but good for two dinners for me and the Mrs..... Tonight will be leftovers with a brown gravy sauce, mashed potatoes and corn on the cob (grilled OF COURSE!).  Definitely a low effort high reward cook.  Also made some jalapeno poppers and re-seasoned my plancha during the day.

Cheers!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Short Rib Success
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 12:59:33 PM »
awesome looking cook, I have a beef rib plate waiting in the freezer, thanks for the tips on cooking
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2021, 06:21:11 PM »
awesome looking cook, I have a beef rib plate waiting in the freezer, thanks for the tips on cooking

Thanks so much, was a fun cook.  Leftovers tonight, cubed the remaining ribs and topped with brown beef gravy, made mashed potatoes and corn on the cob on a 22" brownie using a corn n tater ring from @AZ2FL .  Had salad as well, not in the pic.  My wife had fun making corn on the cob pictures....

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2021, 06:40:00 PM »
Both meals look great Greg! Yes, beef ribs are pricey, but well worth it.

Fresh, canned or frozen black eyed peas?

The Mrs did a great job with the corn photo op. I’m glad your getting some use out of the corn n tater ring. The only thing the ring was good for at at my house was to collect dust and get in my way.

Cheers

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2021, 01:48:49 AM »
I like the last photo the best...bacon!
2021 Bluebonnet Brewoff Winner
1st Place Gold Medal - Munich Helles
1st Place Gold Medal - Oktoberfest

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2021, 03:49:39 AM »
awesome pics, the food looks delicious
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2021, 04:09:37 AM »
Thanks guys….. Frozen peas - my wife makes them in the instant pot.  Takes about 6 minutes.  Would love to do fresh from the garden, but too many rabbits around here to grow beans and peas.