Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Took My Glen Blue to the Beach  (Read 263 times)

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Took My Glen Blue to the Beach
« on: August 02, 2021, 01:29:15 PM »
I posted a few of these pictures when we were at the beach a couple weeks ago..... Full story, family vacation on St. George Island, FL and we took my 26" Glen Blue kettle with us.  "Marilyn" I call her due to a perfectly positioned porcelain pop on her lid - movie star reference.  The Glen Blue fit nicely in my Yukon XL and we were able to bring our other toys too thanks to the cargo carriers we have.  My oldest son rode with us as well which was a bonus.

We made burgers, dogs and cheddar brats, jalapeno poppers, fresh gulf grouper and shrimp and a squash/bell pepper/onion mix.  My middle son even grilled peach halves for ice cream desert.  Marilyn will definitely be going back with us again....

Cheers!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 01:31:37 PM by bamakettles »

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Took My Glen Blue to the Beach
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 01:32:50 PM »
 Sorry for the sideways pictures......I miss the app....Click on them and they right themselves.

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2021, 05:15:26 PM »
I love the vanity plate!

Great looking beach cooks on Marilyn right there Greg! Glad you and the family had a great time.

I might have to cook on Marilyn in October or eat whatever you cook! Lol

Cheers

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2021, 05:34:01 PM »
Thanks Robert!  Yep, we’ll have Marilyn and possibly another fired up by the pool / beach in October.  You’ll have to show your expertise!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2021, 03:47:45 AM »
Marilyn is looking good !! I miss the days of bringin a 26er to the beach
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2021, 04:07:39 AM »

Thanks so much!  I absolutely love grilling beachside.  Are you planning a gulf coast vacation this year?

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2021, 04:37:10 AM »

Thanks so much!  I absolutely love grilling beachside.  Are you planning a gulf coast vacation this year?
probably not, going to LaJolla CA in October, my daughter is stationed in Yuma and will join us with her husband and my granddaughter. Rented a house on the beach which took all my money LOL
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2021, 04:40:57 AM »
@teejhanson has been kind enough to loan me a grill for the week so I am very happy

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2021, 05:13:28 AM »
@teejhanson has been kind enough to loan me a grill for the week so I am very happy

Gourmet loaner?

La Jolla is beautiful, Yuma not so much! Enjoy your west coast vacation.

Cheers

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2021, 09:13:50 AM »

probably not, going to LaJolla CA in October, my daughter is stationed in Yuma and will join us with her husband and my granddaughter. Rented a house on the beach which took all my money LOL

Sounds like a great time, enjoy!  Would love to see some CA beach cooks.......

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2021, 09:14:22 AM »

Now THAT'S cool!