Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Genesis overall length question  (Read 407 times)

Bugeyed Earl

• Smokey Joe
Genesis overall length question
« on: May 28, 2021, 10:45:03 AM »
The degreaser on my newly acquired Spirit is barely dry, and I'm already dreaming about picking up an old classic. This forum it totally to blame (ok, maybe my personality shares a small percentage of the guilt...)

At any rate, I'd really like to have a side burner on my grill, and adding one to this E-310 has not been totally ruled out, but if I could find another project a grill with it built in, I'd be ahead of the game. So looking at the older Webers with side burners, it seems like they're much longer than my current unit.

Does anyone know what the overall length of a grill like the one pictured is? I have limited space on my patio, and I might need play a little patio tetris to squeeze in something much bigger than the E-310.

Kneab

• WKC Performer
Re: Genesis overall length question
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 11:59:34 AM »
I have one of those at home.
Best vintage of Weber gassers ever made.
Double flavorizer bars and wood shelving [emoji7]
Also has a quick disconnect for the side burner. Mine is currently off and have an extra wood slat shelf in it's place.
I could get you dimensions tomorrow morning if no one chimes in before then.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Bugeyed Earl

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2021, 01:00:56 PM »
Thanks, I appreciate it!

Bugeyed Earl

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2021, 07:04:03 PM »
I found this pic of a recent model Platinum C, seems like this is pretty close to an old 4000 or whatever that is in the pic above. The specs for that one put it just under 70" wide, so I'm guessing they're within a few inches. I might be better off trying to hack my Spirit to accept a side burner, might save a foot or so in width. I sure do love that classic look though  :'(

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2021, 07:45:27 PM »
The degreaser on my newly acquired Spirit is barely dry, and I'm already dreaming about picking up an old classic. This forum it totally to blame (ok, maybe my personality shares a small percentage of the guilt...)

At any rate, I'd really like to have a side burner on my grill, and adding one to this E-310 has not been totally ruled out, but if I could find another project a grill with it built in, I'd be ahead of the game. So looking at the older Webers with side burners, it seems like they're much longer than my current unit.

Does anyone know what the overall length of a grill like the one pictured is? I have limited space on my patio, and I might need play a little patio tetris to squeeze in something much bigger than the E-310.

Seriously, why they ever stopped making these beauties is beyond me

Sent from my LM-X420 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2021, 06:04:39 PM »
60" wide

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Bugeyed Earl

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2021, 08:15:41 PM »
60" wide

Wow, not as wide as I imagined, that should fit right in the spot! Thanks again!

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2021, 05:22:47 AM »
You're welcome.[emoji482]
I thought it was going to be wider myself.

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Bugeyed Earl

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2021, 06:26:16 PM »
And here is why I was asking - the grill I posted above popped up locally in a classified ad a few days ago for a fairly reasonable price given the condition, and I thought I might be able to do some horse trading with the used Spirit I just bought last weekend. The stars aligned, and after the dust settled, I walked away with a mean green '99 Genesis 3000, and $50 profit :) I'd be surprised if this thing has had more than a tank of gas through it.

So yep, 60" wide fits my lifestyle perfectly.

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2021, 06:46:01 PM »
That looks great congratulations on a sweet old Genesis. You are going to love it.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 06:51:23 PM by Kneab »
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2021, 03:35:06 AM »
Sweet Genesis, you did well !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2021, 05:43:13 AM »
Wow, that is clean!  I got a '97 earlier this year and it's the best gasser I've ever owned.  You'll enjoy that for years to come.....

Bugeyed Earl

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2021, 05:09:31 PM »
Thanks, I’m sure I’m going to love it! I’ll get some pics up after I get it spiffed up.

Mike Huff

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2021, 10:31:38 AM »
Dang Brother! That's an awesome deal of a grill! Has the double flavorozer bars I believe. The construction on these begin the 90's means she'll easily last another twenty years. Congrats!
Let's see some cooks!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app