Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Seeking Advice On Making Pulled Chicken From Whole Chickens  (Read 520 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Re: Seeking Advice On Making Pulled Chicken From Whole Chickens
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2021, 06:53:31 AM »
Looks and sounds amazing. I really like the idea of crisping the skin and adding it back. Very cool.  Are you selling right out of your house or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Cutting the crisped up skin in small pieces was the way to go. I tried it on a small bowl of shred first and left it twenty minutes to see what the mouthfeel would be like after it absorbed moisture from the chicken and it juices plus that sauce I added. While the pieces softened some they were more like croutons in a salad that had sat through your meal than rubbery skin condoms from low and slow chicken.

I have people come pick the takeout boxes off of my front porch. Covid means nobody comes in my house..........unless perhaps they are also members of this elite organization.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Seeking Advice On Making Pulled Chicken From Whole Chickens
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2021, 08:46:20 AM »
Looks and sounds amazing. I really like the idea of crisping the skin and adding it back. Very cool.  Are you selling right out of your house or what?

Cutting the crisped up skin in small pieces was the way to go. I tried it on a small bowl of shred first and left it twenty minutes to see what the mouthfeel would be like after it absorbed moisture from the chicken and it juices plus that sauce I added. While the pieces softened some they were more like croutons in a salad that had sat through your meal than rubbery skin condoms from low and slow chicken.

I have people come pick the takeout boxes off of my front porch. Covid means nobody comes in my house..........unless perhaps they are also members of this elite organization.

Can’t wait to make some pulled chicken again soon.

Yeah there is a few people selling plates of food from their home in my area. Also, there are women that drive around to job sites with the most amazing plates of Mexican food that they sell out of their trunk.

From the news it sounds like Canada’s restrictions have been pretty aggressive.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2021, 11:56:47 AM »

Dude, ( @MrHoss ) looks like you nailed it !!  8)

Covid means nobody comes in my house..........unless perhaps they are also members of this elite organization.

???  :D

Happy Memorial Day weekend to all of our American friends, relatives, and members !

Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2021, 10:28:49 AM »
Just made some pulled chicken last night. I used cherry for smoke. I think I like it better than pulled pork.

Mike Huff

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2021, 06:26:17 AM »
Just made some pulled chicken last night. I used cherry for smoke. I think I like it better than pulled pork.

I'm inspired to try now. Sounds delicious guys. Never been much of a pulled chicken guy but I've found it's always a good thing to follow the WKC leads...Great thread!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2021, 06:36:45 AM »
I agree, I like this thread.  For my money it's hard to beat rotisserie chicken over coals with a small chunk of wood of choice.  Pecan works well for me.  It can be pulled or eaten off the bone and always has crispy skin.  Winner winner chicken dinner!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2021, 07:51:04 AM »

I agree, I like this thread.  For my money it's hard to beat rotisserie chicken over coals with a small chunk of wood of choice.  Pecan works well for me.  It can be pulled or eaten off the bone and always has crispy skin.  Winner winner chicken dinner!

Yeah rotisserie would be great as well. Chicken pulls easy by hand any way I have cooked it. I just did indirect normal roasting temps on this particular cook but my favorite methods are spatchcocked and cut in half.  Halfcocked?  Lol. And whole cooked on rotisserie.