Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Let's see your charcoal stash .... calling all hoarders  (Read 628 times)

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
This is my current charcoal stash, about 650 pounds.

I scored 400 pounds of KBB six weeks ago at HD for $107. Not a huge fan, but for .25 a pound I’ll use it.

Let’s see your charcoal stash!

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Let's see your charcoal stash .... calling all hoarders
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 05:38:54 PM »
I’m almost embarrassed to say I’m down to an open 20 lb bag of coal.  Time to stock up!

I think the most I’ve ever had is about 200 lbs.  I don’t have the storage space.  I use 80-100 lbs a month in the summer. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 05:42:03 PM by michaelmilitello »

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
Re: Let's see your charcoal stash .... calling all hoarders
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2021, 06:01:29 PM »
Good lord that's a lot of charcoal.  But 25 cents/lb is tough to pass up

Sent from my LM-X420 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

NL_Weber_fan

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2021, 07:37:49 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2021, 02:58:47 AM »
typically there would be 6-800 pounds in 2 or 3 old garbage cans, but I am beginning to worry as I am extremely low
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2021, 03:01:25 AM »
Never saw a need to hoard charcoal. There is always a good supply available at all local stores. Unlike toilet paper.....
2021 Bluebonnet Brewoff Winner
1st Place Gold Medal - Munich Helles
1st Place Gold Medal - Oktoberfest

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2021, 03:04:14 AM »
I try to buy a little in bulk when I can hit 25 cents a pound and I am running low.  However if I find it on clearance for signicantly cheaper I will clear a store out. I think I still have 15 or so bags.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2021, 04:07:24 AM »

typically there would be 6-800 pounds in 2 or 3 old garbage cans, but I am beginning to worry as I am extremely low
LMK if you want me to reorder the KJ XL Big Block Lump for you.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2021, 04:45:02 AM »

LMK if you want me to reorder the KJ XL Big Block Lump for you.
I have gone thru almost all of the 160 lbs i got. I'll text you soon !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2021, 05:21:54 AM »
No stash for me, but I keep a few of this and that so I'm never out.  I've not found any B&B orange bag briquettes in a while and have been looking.  Currently rationing what I have of that for our beach trip.  Best regular price I've found on B&B lump is Academy Sports here at $12.99/20lb bag.  I almost got some Kingsford at Costco the other day but didn't want to mess with it just yet.... It burns SO fast.  Oh and another thing - I tried Jealous Devil large briquettes this past weekend and I cannot recommend it.  I was pouring out a chimney of lit coals and they basically disintegrated, some of them going to the deck.  Luckily I had the water hose on and nearby.  I tried lighting the rest of it last night in the grill and when spreading them out they did the same thing.  Maybe I got a bad batch, but I'm not risking that again.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 05:25:23 AM by bamakettles »

DougWilsonsSlapper

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2021, 07:48:01 AM »
Lol.  I just bought 8 bags and thought I was a hoarder.  I'm a rookie.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2021, 07:51:03 AM »
I just checked my remaining inventory and I have about 300lbs of various lump and 85 lbs of thaan left, plus whatever’s in the charcoal bins of my SSPs. 

Jasper60103

• Happy Cooker
Let's see your charcoal stash .... calling all hoarders
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2021, 08:40:28 AM »
The Kingsford original charcoal on sale in my area hasn’t been less than $.50 per pound.
The Royal Oak costs the same.  I bought 4 bags to try out.  I’ve heard good things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2021, 09:42:16 AM »
No stash for me, but I keep a few of this and that so I'm never out.  I've not found any B&B orange bag briquettes in a while and have been looking.  Currently rationing what I have of that for our beach trip.  Best regular price I've found on B&B lump is Academy Sports here at $12.99/20lb bag.  I almost got some Kingsford at Costco the other day but didn't want to mess with it just yet.... It burns SO fast.  Oh and another thing - I tried Jealous Devil large briquettes this past weekend and I cannot recommend it.  I was pouring out a chimney of lit coals and they basically disintegrated, some of them going to the deck.  Luckily I had the water hose on and nearby.  I tried lighting the rest of it last night in the grill and when spreading them out they did the same thing.  Maybe I got a bad batch, but I'm not risking that again.

Ace Is The Place With The Helpful Hardware Man...B&B briquettes in stock.
2021 Bluebonnet Brewoff Winner
1st Place Gold Medal - Munich Helles
1st Place Gold Medal - Oktoberfest

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2021, 10:41:36 AM »

Ace Is The Place With The Helpful Hardware Man...B&B briquettes in stock.

Has been my go to all year....not in stock in my area and not available for order.