Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Vintage Cook’n’kettle  (Read 288 times)

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Vintage Cook’n’kettle
« on: May 18, 2021, 05:32:25 AM »
We stopped by our local Habitat for Humanity Restore over the weekend and I spotted this vintage Cook’n’kettle.  Unfortunately this is as close as I could get because it was roped off with other silent-auction items that had already closed and were awaiting pickup.  I must’ve ogled it for a solid 20 minutes…. Pointing out little details to my wife, like the rotisserie, and the steel wheels, and oh - look how the kettle detaches from the cart… … only to realize she’d long ago rolled her eyes and walked away, leaving me talking and gesticulating to myself like a mad man.

I spoke to the manager who unfortunately confirmed the auction was a done deal, but I may go back today to see if it’s still there and if so, I’ll leave my name and number.  At the very least maybe they’ll let me take some better close up photos. 

Wish I had seen it sooner… alas, here’s some info from the interwebs:  https://www.3dogbarbeque.com/about-us

I could’ve sworn one of these popped up on the forums in the past, but couldn’t find anything.  If any of y’all have one, would love to see and know more. 

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Vintage Cook’n’kettle
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 05:47:58 AM »
@harris92 has or had one similar, I recall seeing it on one of my visits to his place. They are as you stated neat little cookers.
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2021, 09:14:31 AM »
Cool grill!  I can relate to my grill enthusiasm being met with wifely disinterest. 

I saw this recently in Indy fb market place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2021, 11:48:11 AM »
I’ve owned a Cook N Kettle with roti for approx 15 years. They are great old school cookers. Hard to beat regarding efficiency. Ever wonder why the first Webers resembled the Cook N Kettle?  There is a connection. During the design of George’s Original, George Stephen corresponded with Jack Alter (founder of Cook N Kettle) about vent placement and design in general.  Supposedly the current owners of Cook N Kettle have those letters in their possession.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 11:50:48 AM by harris92 »