Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Guard Chicken  (Read 250 times)

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
New Guard Chicken
« on: April 01, 2021, 04:30:25 AM »
Went to take something to the neighbor's house last night and about wet myself when a large bird took off only a few feet from me as I was coming out the door.  If I didn't find it so hilarious they might have ended up on my grill. :D

Turns out someone up the street has an escapee that decided that our A-Frame front porch and railing makes a pretty decent chicken coop.  Hilariously enough my wife has been talking about wanting chickens the last week and now we have one that literally moved into our yard.  She says it's a sign from the universe.  Checked this morning and our guard chicken is still vigilantly overseeing the front porch.

Guess I will walk up the street and leave a note on the house of the likely owner. If they don't come claim them within a week we just might keep them.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Easy

• WKC Brave
Re: New Guard Chicken
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 04:28:21 PM »
That is cool chickens are great animals and pets. Have a lot of those around here.
Went to take something to the neighbor's house last night and about wet myself when a large bird took off only a few feet from me as I was coming out the door.  If I didn't find it so hilarious they might have ended up on my grill. :D

Turns out someone up the street has an escapee that decided that our A-Frame front porch and railing makes a pretty decent chicken coop.  Hilariously enough my wife has been talking about wanting chickens the last week and now we have one that literally moved into our yard.  She says it's a sign from the universe.  Checked this morning and our guard chicken is still vigilantly overseeing the front porch.

Guess I will walk up the street and leave a note on the house of the likely owner. If they don't come claim them within a week we just might keep them.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Sent from my SM-G991U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
Re: New Guard Chicken
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 05:55:18 PM »
They tend to poop while they sleep/roost at night.  That being said, Mine hang out and poop on my porch during the day too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk