Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Meat church Texas chili  (Read 366 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Meat church Texas chili
« on: February 08, 2021, 09:22:14 AM »
I generally like coming up with my own creations for chili but this meat church Texas chili sounded good. You can find his video and recipe on YouTube. I’ll update this in about 7 hours.  The one thing I didn’t have is his chili seasoning mix. I used carol Shelby chili seasoning.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

sonofabutcher

• WKC Brave
Re: Meat church Texas chili
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 09:58:22 AM »
That recipe does look good. How to bbq right started selling a chili mix that’s [emoji91]

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 10:58:09 AM »
Carroll Shelby was bad ass !!!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 10:58:38 AM »
so will that chili be bad ass
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 11:14:15 AM »

so will that chili be bad ass

I’m hoping so!

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2021, 12:22:49 PM »
I used to love that Carrol Shelby mix. Alas, I haven't ben able to get it in about 30 yrs.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2021, 12:38:09 PM »
Looks really good!  I like your chimney setup on the upside down baskets.  Neat idea!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2021, 12:59:06 PM »

Looks really good!  I like your chimney setup on the upside down baskets.  Neat idea!

Thanks. It’s really more for the snake arrangement. I just dumped the coals around the baskets. I have set my pot on the upside down baskets before instead of using the grate. It works.

Old CWO

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2021, 02:01:02 PM »
I used to love that Carrol Shelby mix. Alas, I haven't ben able to get it in about 30 yrs.

Oh man, Carroll Shelby chili with cornbread was a favorite meal when I was a kid.  I had forgotten all about it!  Guess what?  It's available on Amazon so I bought some for nostalgia's sake. It used to come in a brown paper sack on the top shelf above the canned chili and I recall my mother balked at buying it because it was "expensive." I hope it hasn't changed over the years.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Meat church Texas chili
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2021, 02:02:14 PM »
Home from work and 5 hours in. There are chunks of chuck roast in there that are falling apart that the picture doesn’t pick up.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2021, 02:16:40 PM »

Oh man, Carroll Shelby chili with cornbread was a favorite meal when I was a kid.  I had forgotten all about it!  Guess what?  It's available on Amazon so I bought some for nostalgia's sake. It used to come in a brown paper sack on the top shelf above the canned chili and I recall my mother balked at buying it because it was "expensive." I hope it hasn't changed over the years.

I didn’t grow up with it but it was my go to about 20 years ago. I don’t know why I stopped using it. I don’t use the flour packet. And they don’t have the little salt packet anymore. It does have the cayenne pepper bag. It’s all in a box now not the bag. That’s a marketing mistake for them. That’s the whole reason I tried it all those years ago.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Meat church Texas chili
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2021, 02:47:03 AM »
Texas can keep their chili. I like beans in mine.  I was surprised. I thought I was going to like this chili better than I did. I use rotel normally but this recipe called for Italian style diced tomatoes. I don’t use sausage and this recipe called for that. Instead of beer I normally use beef broth. It did not call for green Chili’s which I normally use and I should have used my own spice mix. You never know until you try I guess. I also use a finely chopped carne picada along with my ground beef instead of chuck roast.

I developed my own chili through the years tailored to my families tastes. I knew better!  Every time I try a chili recipe I am disappointed.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 04:28:26 AM by HoosierKettle »

Bearded

• WKC Brave
Meat church Texas chili
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2021, 04:55:00 AM »
Texas can keep their chili. I like beans in mine.  I was surprised. I thought I was going to like this chili better than I did. I use rotel normally but this recipe called for Italian style diced tomatoes. I don’t use sausage and this recipe called for that. Instead of beer I normally use beef broth. It did not call for green Chili’s which I normally use and I should have used my own spice mix. You never know until you try I guess. I also use a finely chopped carne picada along with my ground beef instead of chuck roast.

I developed my own chili through the years tailored to my families tastes. I knew better!  Every time I try a chili recipe I am disappointed.

I agree...beans go in Chili. Makes it heartier!

22ket~tle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2021, 05:01:13 AM »
didn’t you mean fartier ?

Bearded

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2021, 03:31:13 AM »
didn’t you mean fartier ?