Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Lid rollers melted  (Read 240 times)

GermanTex

• Smokey Joe
Lid rollers melted
« on: February 06, 2021, 07:47:40 PM »
The lid rollers on my Performer and on my One Touch Platinum have melted at the side of the bowl. One kettle the melted plastic even ran down the bowl. Is this normal? I am using a pizza set up on the One Touch with coal along the sides or sometimes a vortex. And a Slow’n Sear on the Performer with the SNS on the left side. Yes they both get hot but I am surprised that the rollers cannot stand the heat.
Are there heat resistant rollers? Maybe made from silicone?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Green 22" Perfomer, Red 22" One Touch Platinum, Blue 22" Kettle, Yellow Simpspons Smokey Joe, Pink Q1200, Blue Platinum C.

WNC

• WKC Performer
Re: Lid rollers melted
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 03:42:38 AM »
Super high heat can do it, my guess is it was probably the pizza cook.
Wood is nice option, looks great, won’t melt, and there’s a member who makes the greatest handles and rollers, really classes up a grill [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 05:12:38 AM »
I’ve not had rollers melt, but the plastic tab handle on the top vent certainly can as well.  Wood is a great option as WNC stated.  Getting that melted plastic off the bowl can be challenging.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

GermanTex

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 06:38:35 AM »
Thanks. Yes I have seen the wood ones before. I am just concerned they might smolder instead of melt.
Green 22" Perfomer, Red 22" One Touch Platinum, Blue 22" Kettle, Yellow Simpspons Smokey Joe, Pink Q1200, Blue Platinum C.