Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Bacon wrapped filets  (Read 1260 times)

Craig

• WKC Mod
Bacon wrapped filets
« on: June 29, 2013, 08:35:21 AM »
Nothing exciting from a prep standpoint, but last night we did bacon wrapped filets brushed with olive oil seasoned with cracked pepper and pink Himalayun  salt. Also did some twice bakes. I forgot to snap pictures of those done, but oh well...

The grill..... looks like a glowing planet from the original Star Trek, shouldn't Kirk's U.S.S. Enterprise be in orbit around it?  ;D

Twice bakes going on for about 30 min..

20 minutes later, the filets going on..

4 minutes on each side seared, then moved indirect to finish off. I like medium rare, wife likes medium well. Kids like well done.

Again, nothing too exciting, but was tasty..
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 08:42:11 AM by Craig »

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Re: Bacon wrapped filets
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 09:13:21 AM »
I like it a lot! Nicely done. I gotta start using my baskets more .... and all of the versatility they offer.  :D
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Bacon wrapped filets
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 03:46:58 PM »
Craig, was the different preferences for doneness a factor in how they were arranged on the sear grate? Looks like with that one charcoal holder one side got full heat and the others getting seared wouldn't have.

Or is is all about the same since the cast iron distributes the heat?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Craig

• WKC Mod
Bacon wrapped filets
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 08:40:09 PM »

Craig, was the different preferences for doneness a factor in how they were arranged on the sear grate? Looks like with that one charcoal holder one side got full heat and the others getting seared wouldn't have.

Or is is all about the same since the cast iron distributes the heat?

That's what happened. I should have centered that basket more but the ones right over the coals were the ones that came off well done after the had been off to the side of the grate afterwards.