Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hi from South Central PA  (Read 1640 times)

Bearded

• WKC Brave
Hi from South Central PA
« on: August 23, 2020, 06:24:39 AM »
Just wanted to drop in and say hey before my first cook.

I just recently picked up a Weber Kettle 22-in Premium. This is my first charcoal grill! I plan to post in the Mods channel the few things I have done to it ahead of my first cook later today.

I have only ever cooked on charcoal once in my life and.....it did not go well. We were at a park and brought along a bag of charcoal, lighter fluid, some chicken breast and burgers. Never having cooked on charcoal we figured, how hard could it be? We dumped about half a bag under the grill grate and saturated it in lighter fluid. We lite it and it immediately flamed up. Perfect. That was easy. Let's get the food cooking. No sooner did the food hit the grill grates than the flames died down. Hmmm... Ok. Let's just hit it with some more lighter fluid. Flames are back. ........Flames are gone. More charcoal? Why not we have a whole bag. Needless to say we continued this back and forth lighter fluid charcoal battle for about 20-30 minutes before...pooof. That park grill turned into a furnace. Chicken was "done" in about 2.3 seconds and the burgers were nice little pucks.

Lucky for us we only had to use about 2/3s the bag of charcoal and almost the whole bottle of lighter fluid to achieve these results! Not bad [emoji19]

After that I never dabbled in charcoal again. Gas grills were a much more stable option in my young mind.

Fast forward to a month or so ago when I took a deep dive into YouTube and various forums and sites. I am now ready to attempt my much more knowledgeable and controlled cook later today: Smoked Jalepeno Stuffed Chicken Breast.

Wish me luck and see you around the forums. Can't wait to learn from everyone.

Kneab

• WKC Performer
Re: Hi from South Central PA
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 07:57:29 AM »
Welcome to the Wkc.
Plenty of cooks to look up and people to help you along the way.

Be sure to buy a Weber charcoal starting chimney. It holds more coals and lasts longer than any cheap one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Bearded

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 08:16:55 AM »
Thanks! I did pick up one of Weber's chimneys. I like the larger size like you mentioned. I used it when I ran a seasoning session on the kettle. I also like that you can flip it over for smaller charcoal light ups.
Welcome to the Wkc.
Plenty of cooks to look up and people to help you along the way.

Be sure to buy a Weber charcoal starting chimney. It holds more coals and lasts longer than any cheap one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 09:10:45 AM »
Welcome from Arizona!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2020, 01:45:59 PM »
Welcome  from just south of Chicago, IL!
I swear, when I score a great deal on a 26" I'll stop buying grills... So often.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 04:37:05 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga,
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

View to a Grill

• WKC Brave
    • View to a Grill - YouTube
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2020, 07:58:25 AM »
Hello!
View to a Grill on YouTube