Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Sns kettle  (Read 1846 times)

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Sns kettle
« on: May 07, 2020, 09:37:55 PM »
Baby back maniac put out his sns kettle review, and I'll be the first to say I'm actually sorta impressed.

BUT

Everything is stainless. So the extra 60 is for stainless legs.

I mean to me, its not worth it. Granted it comes with a side table, lid bale and stainless grate.

BUT

So it's 60 more than the master touch, stainless ..... legs, grate, lid vent, ash catcher. With all that expensive stainless bundled with the side table, lid bale, thermometer ports in the bowl, gasket on the lid....how thick is the porcelain coating?

There's a corner cut somewhere and I bet that's where

https://youtu.be/p0NUzkRN7wA

Sent from my SM-G973U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Sns kettle
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 10:03:39 PM »
I watched the video tonight as well. I might be more inclined to really consider one of these grills if the SnS was included and/or it was a 26” kettle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

rc

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 02:53:06 AM »
The only thing I like about this kettle are the stainless parts. If I was to spend $279 for a kettle it would be the performer with the foldable side table.

In Maniacs review he complained how the Weber kettle is a little shaky due to it only having three legs but didn’t mention a thing about the $279 performer that has 4 legs and is in the sns grills price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 03:32:19 AM »
3 legs should basically prevent the sort of table wobble that you often get with 4 legs on an uneven surface.

The only thing I like about this kettle are the stainless parts. If I was to spend $279 for a kettle it would be the performer with the foldable side table.

In Maniacs review he complained how the Weber kettle is a little shaky due to it only having three legs but didn’t mention a thing about the $279 performer that has 4 legs and is in the sns grills price range.

regards,
Hal

Philipb

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 04:03:24 AM »
I just bought a new weber master premium touch so I wont be in the market for a new kettle for some time.

to me it looks good but I did not like the side table to me it looked a bit cumbersome. i think a separate table or performer style are better options.

I noticed on my webber and even more so on the sns more features means more holes drilled into the kettle. I am unsure if this will cause problems or not.

rc

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 04:34:55 AM »

3 legs should basically prevent the sort of table wobble that you often get with 4 legs on an uneven surface.

I totally agree with you. My MT has never been shaky. I was just referring to what Maniac said in his video.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 05:11:59 AM »
I don’t think he meant wobble like a bar stool. I think he meant the side to side/twisting motion you get from the legs being slightly loose in the sockets. I don’t have a newer kettle to confirm this but the design did change with the legs. We now have a spring loaded leg that fits into the socket. Maybe this fixes the stability issue with the kettle, maybe not.

Either way the SnS kettle is quite expensive even with the small side table and stainless.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

sonofabutcher

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2020, 05:17:09 AM »

I don’t think he meant wobble like a bar stool. I think he meant the side to side/twisting motion you get from the legs being slightly loose in the sockets. I don’t have a newer kettle to confirm this but the design did change with the legs. We now have a spring loaded leg that fits into the socket. Maybe this fixes the stability issue with the kettle, maybe not.

Either way the SnS kettle is quite expensive even with the small side table and stainless.

my newer ones still wobble especially the 26.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2020, 06:12:13 AM »
I do like the position of the thermometer.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2020, 06:23:59 AM »
The grill looks too much like a knock off to me and no one will verify where it's made.  Maybe it's a phase, but I don't think so - I really enjoy picking out which color of Weber I'm going to cook on before a cook.  I think about the history of the kettle, the year it was made and it's a nostalgic experience for me.  That being said, I will probably never purchase a new grill again as I'm happy with what I have.  I'd like a 60s Glen Blue or Yellow some day but at the prices they go for it will have to fall into my lap which ain't happening for sure.  Agreed, the thermometer is in the correct place though.....  Will be interesting to see if Weber makes any feature changes due to this competitive model......

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2020, 06:54:00 AM »
So it’s a knock off of the master touch.  So it has a little table and a thermometer in the right
Spot. But ever done thermometer is nothing more that a “hood ornament “ 4 legs?? Can get that a SAMs for 79$. If it can with a SNS then I would consider it. It has 5 blades instead of 3 ? Big deal
The SNS kamado is no big deal either. If I want a sns I would put it in my proformer not my Vision
Or BGE ..
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2020, 07:56:45 AM »
Watched it and 's a fair review. The grate is stainless, which is nice and the probe port, plus the temp control/fan port are nice features. I think the gasket is overkill and will burn off in high heat cooks. Plus, I don't like the side table at all.  But a 10 year warranty plus stainless grate mean that the price tag would have less sting to it.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2020, 12:10:48 PM »
The only place the stainless makes sense is the cooking grate.  Aluminum is fine otherwise.   I do like the probe port and wiser position of the thermometer.   It is well thought out.   I do think it’s an ugly duckling, though.  I like three legs, mbh, wood handles, and a twist ash pan.  Simple, classic. 

frankpitts

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2020, 02:32:57 PM »
It's fugly.  I do not have to expalin to anyone on here the simple elegance of the Weber.  Timeless.

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2020, 02:39:44 PM »
It's fugly.  I do not have to expalin to anyone on here the simple elegance of the Weber.  Timeless.
Beauty is in the eye of the Beerholder

Sent from my LM-X420 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;