Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Proof I’m losing my mind?  (Read 6171 times)

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
Re: Proof I’m losing my mind?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2020, 06:59:40 AM »

@Jed.cook Not done yet but looking good so far. I only had new oak or old 2x4 in the lean to on the shed. Soooo old 2x4 it is.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Oh, MAN! That’s gonna’ be a work of art! I drilled a little whole in the bottom of my mini kettle for rain drainage, but you might want to skip that part so you can pour some of that Guinness in there for the little guys! :)

What’s that I see on the table I assume you’re using for the kettle? I had a couple of cheapo stainless measuring cups laying around that I’d picked up on clearance a few weeks back. (That’s why the lid is slightly smaller than the base.) I had to put a golf ball inside and use a B.F.H. to pound the bottoms into a somewhat rounded shape. Yours looks like it’ll come out much nicer in the end.

A friend of a friend who owns a large farm caught a glimpse of my squirrel table & grill and sent word she’d trade some chili peppers for a setup like mine. Assuming I can’t find another hot deal on stainless measuring cups, I’ll need to come up with something for the next mini kettle! (It’d also be nice to skip that pounding out step if I could.)

-Jed
-Jed

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2020, 09:22:48 AM »
@Jed.cook i used the top of a flag pole for the kettle. Looks just like little kettle. I’m making it into a Smokey Joe. This was a prototype lol.
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2020, 07:44:38 PM »
I can’t wait to see the little Smokey Joe! Unfortunately, I don’t think I have any flagpole toppers laying around. I’m thinking I’ll have to go with these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QRNL6GH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_I0OKEbVBZJ28E

Looks like it’s a set of four, so I’ll be able to make one for my next squirrel cookout setup to swap for some green chilies, and another for my daughter’s Barbies. It’s about time Ken did some of the cooking anyway! 🥩

-Jed
-Jed

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2020, 07:54:52 AM »
Sorry little squirrel buddy, we’re all dealing with weird situations this Easter...

-Jed
-Jed

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2020, 11:16:32 AM »
Sorry little squirrel buddy, we’re all dealing with weird situations this Easter...

-Jed

He looks sad  :(
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2020, 01:53:43 PM »
Just built a couple new ones. I’m replacing my original with one that has an improved table and grill.

@shoestringshop did you ever finish up yours?

-Jed
-Jed

cigarman20

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2020, 01:57:59 PM »
Well, I’m not judging BUT, your limb chicken picnic table is much nicer than mine! especially love the grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Grails- ‘63 Fleetwood, Ambassador