Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Lonely Easter Cook  (Read 756 times)

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
Lonely Easter Cook
« on: April 12, 2020, 09:42:53 AM »
Well I’m 47 years old and been doing Easter for some of my family and in-law’s for 21 years now. We’ve had anywhere from 20 to 30 at a time. This year not the same at the Shoestringshop home. No one but the wife and kid and that’s great (But we’ve been cooped up for so long!) but I normally do...

6-10 dozen eggs 5 different ways
*hard boiled to color, scrambled, garbage scrambled (onion, cheese, bacon, sausage, green peppers), two different quiches, plus eggs for baking
5lbs sausage
5lbs bacon
10lbs ham
5lbs corned beef
3lbs Irish bangers
Scotch eggs
Hash browns

Then the wife bakes and makes...
3-4 different cookies
Brownies
Dips
Cut up veggies, and fruit
Drinks like Mamosa‘s, Michelada’s, and sherbet and Prosecco (Bubbly wine)

We do an Easter egg hunt for the little kids and the ones who still think they are little. We still do an Easter basket for anyone under 18 filled with candy, Peeps, and a few little gifts. This year 2 of my in-laws became proud parents of baby boys and we where looking forward to having all of them over.

So what to do this weekend??? I made 2 lbs of sausage during the week, 8-Scotch eggs, and hard boiled eggs, 2lbs of bacon. On Saturday I did a 10lb ham, and roasted carrots (Butter, @catskillsmoker Maple Syrup, brown sugar, crushed red peppers, and Kosher salt).
My buddy stopped by for a (garage side food pickup) and we talked for a few minutes and he left.

Easter morning made breakfast for myself, then my wife prepared a quiche for me to do on the grill with (6 eggs, Sausage, bacon, ham, onion, hash browns, and 4 different cheeses) I have shrimp to go on the grill later today.

This is my rant with my sincere wish to all of you to have a happy Easter and stay healthy.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
Re: Lonely Easter Cook
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 09:59:48 AM »
Forgot a picture...

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 10:12:56 AM »
I can feel for ya. We used to do many family gigs each year but there aint that much family left. Sad day.
Even out party in May when my daughter comes home from Lousy-Anna aint happening this year. With all they got going on there, she's not welcome...Till later that is...

Your food looks great! Enjoy the peace and quiet.

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 10:24:11 AM »
I can feel for ya. We used to do many family gigs each year but there aint that much family left. Sad day.
Even out party in May when my daughter comes home from Lousy-Anna aint happening this year. With all they got going on there, she's not welcome...Till later that is...

Your food looks great! Enjoy the peace and quiet.

Thanks I really enjoy grilling for everyone but this is also nice, and quiet... but lonely. Hope you all are doing well.