Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New way to do brisket  (Read 1713 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
New way to do brisket
« on: September 27, 2019, 08:03:03 AM »
Get drunk and pay no attention whatsoever.

I had promised I would cook a brisket overnight and bring it to work today.

Yesterday, a friend stopped by at 630 and we had a few beers. By this time it was 830 and Costco was closed and I had no brisket. I asked the wife to drive me to meijer and surprisingly she was happy to. I paid way to much for a choice brisket flat 10lb. They didn’t have any full briskets.

Got home and seasoned it up and started the 26 with coals and wood in the smokenator (basically banked coals). Had a few more beers and got the brisket on by 10 pm.

I know the smokenator only gets me about 6-7 hours with kbb. I set my alarm for 4 am to wrap. I wake up at 6 am to a cold grill lol.

Brisket was still warm but not hot. I wrapped it and put in a 350 degree oven until 7. Internal was 165. I have no idea what the internal temp peaked at while on the grill.

I fully disclosed that it might be dry and tough. I had no idea until I cut into it.  To my surprise, it was edible and everyone loved it.  It was still juicy and actually very tender. I give it a solid 7 out of ten which is pretty good considering my lack of participation in the cooking process.

By the way we were all eating brisket at 730 this morning. That’s normal where I work lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
Re: New way to do brisket
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 08:08:44 AM »
That looks good to me !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 08:29:10 AM »
Drunken brisket... I think you might be onto something there...  ;-) Looks damn fine from here!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 08:46:05 AM »
I’ve done a few like that too!   It’s always nice to miss the fairway and still make par.   

Looks grate!   You keep your promises!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 09:11:34 AM »
I did a drunken brisket once, everyone said it was great, just don't ask me how it was
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2019, 10:11:34 AM »

I did a drunken brisket once, everyone said it was great, just don't ask me how it was

Lol

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2019, 10:13:48 AM »

I’ve done a few like that too!   It’s always nice to miss the fairway and still make par.   

Looks grate!   You keep your promises!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got lucky. I should have done a snake. That would have lasted longer but since I didn’t wake up, it would have overlooked if I did. It was the perfect combination of errors.

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2019, 06:51:06 PM »
I got nothing to say that won't get me in trouble..."cause I never done anything stupid before........................

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2019, 08:10:50 AM »
I love it when a plan comes together!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again