Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Finally Saw a Westerner in Person!  (Read 1555 times)

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
Finally Saw a Westerner in Person!
« on: September 23, 2019, 02:04:00 PM »
So I finally got to see a Westerner in person.  I am chaperoning a trip to Atlanta, and having some free time I decided to go to the Atlanta History Center.  I really just wanted to see their Civil War exhibits and their grounds (beautiful gardens, and I got free admission with my membership with the Missouri Botanical Garden).  Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to see an exhibit entitled "Barbecue Nation."  I really enjoyed the exhibit explaining the history of BBQ, and although I knew much of the info, I was glad to see BBQ's unique American history on display.  Anyway, I was just enjoying the part of the exhibit talking about Kansas City BBQ, when I turned a corner, and I LITERALLY GASPED OUT LOUD.  There was a Westerner.  Unused, compliments of Ed Reilly.  I got to know more about Ed after having a couple cocktails at a BBQ place downtown courtesy of Joe, AKA @JEBIV . 

The Westerner was everything I hoped it would be, and it totally reaffirmed it as one of my ultimate grails.  If you've never seen one in person, it is absolutely stunning.  The cream color, the coppertone color that is actually just a shade darker and more rich, the interior of ths grill was beautiful as well.  I'd like to thank Ed Reilly for sharing it with people, and if you find yourself in Atlanta, do two things...first visit the Atlanta History Center, it is outstanding.  Secondly, contact Joe (JEBIV) who's a great grillfella. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
Re: Finally Saw a Westerner in Person!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 02:06:10 PM »
UGH!  Moderators @Cellar2ful could you possibly move this...I put this in the wrong section, uploading it on the mobile app...I'm sorry!
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 05:50:31 PM »
Well I'm glad yu posted in the wrong place so that I could see it...

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 07:31:54 PM »
Cool trip. Joe's one of the good guys for sure.
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 03:25:45 AM »
It was great to meetup @crowderjd  awesome conversation and good cocktails
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 04:12:46 AM »
Crazy to see one so clean.  Awesome trip!
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 08:23:24 AM »
As many times as we visit Atlanta, I don’t know how we never hit the history center.  Won’t forget when we go next year. 

I have to agree with visiting Joe.  If you look up southern hospitality, the first result will likely be a pic of Joe & Tami.  They’re grate people!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2019, 08:39:47 AM »
As many times as we visit Atlanta, I don’t know how we never hit the history center.  Won’t forget when we go next year. 

I have to agree with visiting Joe.  If you look up southern hospitality, the first result will likely be a pic of Joe & Tami.  They’re grate people!!!

We can go together, as much as I hate to admit I haven't been yet and Tami keeps reminding me about going
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2019, 08:44:23 AM »

We can go together, as much as I hate to admit I haven't been yet and Tami keeps reminding me about going
Double date at the Atlanta History Center...sounds like a grate plan to me. 

Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞