Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hurricane Dorian and our caribbean cruise coincide.  (Read 1237 times)

greenweb

• WKC Performer
Hurricane Dorian and our caribbean cruise coincide.
« on: September 01, 2019, 05:41:49 AM »
In Miami last friday Aug.23, and sail out in the world's largest cruise ship " Symphony of the Seas" next day. Interesting how the storm started later the same day we set sail.https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2019/08/24/tropical-disturbance-is-brewing-near-florida-while-hurricane-may-target-caribbean-next-week/?noredirect=on
The first stop over would have been at St. Marteens but gets rescheduled as the tropical storm Dorian at the  time would have been in direct path.

This full 7 days cruise was so amazing in many ways even with few stop over changes to stay a day or so ahead of the storm.   The last stop over was at the Bahamas on Friday( 2days ago) and the stay shortened few hrs. as we needed to get back to the Miami port early next day due to the closure of the port later that day. We flew out of Miami yesterday just in time.  Now, Cat. 5 Hurricane nearing Bahamas today into tomorrow...God bless Bahamians as they will get most affected.

In a few more days, it looks like it will miss most of Florida inland but still very dangerous and damaging. Anyone close to coastal areas please stay safe.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 05:47:21 AM by greenweb »

Walchit

• WKC Performer
Re: Hurricane Dorian and our caribbean cruise coincide.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 06:35:41 AM »
Ive been to Puerto Rico and culebra down there. They are amazing islands, as I'm sure the Bahamas and st Marteens are too. Hope it doesn't cause too much damage.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 12:02:40 PM »
Puerto Rico San Juan was our first stop over, before the tropical storm Dorian hit them few days later.

Pretty much the calm before the storm pics from San Juan last Wed.

Trying out authentic Puerto Rican dish made with Conch meat.

Wow! Hurricane Dorian makes land fall in northern Bahamas this afternoon with 185mph winds. This is the one!!!! Stay safe people. Can not imagine the damage caused if Dorian makes landfall into US coastal areas.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 08:43:45 AM »
Few notable Foodie eye candy pics.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 08:46:50 AM by greenweb »

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 05:52:17 AM »
Good timing, and wonderful looking food!!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 10:40:11 AM »
WOW, beautiful
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill