Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Slump  (Read 1330 times)

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Slump
« on: July 22, 2019, 07:59:51 PM »
Anyone ever get into a slump and look at the grills they have gathered and just be like " why do i have all these i only use 2"?

Its hitting me hard right now not just with grills but the massive assortment of fishing equipment i have too.

What do you guys do? Sell some stuff, fight through it?

Not like id be calling it quits all together just slimming down

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

foshizzle

• WKC Brave
Re: Slump
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 08:18:35 PM »
Right know you feel guilt. Sell some and then you’ll have remorse. You decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 09:23:04 PM »
I thinned out my herd a lot over the last year or two. I still have plenty of kettles, and they aren't fighting for room.
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 09:30:15 PM »
I thinned out my herd a lot over the last year or two. I still have plenty of kettles, and they aren't fighting for room.
Yea iv been getting back into vintage gaming lately, and between family , and then work draining the life outta me i donno if i would call it like mild depression but definatly a slump where i just dont feel strongly either way about anything

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 07:26:32 AM »
It's called "selectively streamlining." Keep what makes you happy and get rid of the stuff that doesn't. I'm pretty utilitarian about everything I have. If I don't use it...it gets sent on. I've been able to gift grills to just about everyone I know that wants one or needs one. I realized long ago that I don't need more BBQ's; rather I want more time and opportunities to cook on the few that I have.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 08:23:51 AM »
Well sir, I don't know how old you are, but I am "an old f'ck" in my 60's. I feel yer pain... been there, done that.

What you need to do is take a step back and look at what you have and... here's the hard part... think about what you really need. I know I made my wife very happy, and myself as well, when I parted with a lot of my stowed away "treasures". Go forward. It can be done.

Good Luck Sir. :-)
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Slump
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019, 08:41:25 AM »
I get it. I’ve been there. I’ve sold all sorts of stuff lately and thinned the kettles down to 6.  About every two years I have to make some tough decisions about what stays and goes to maintain all areas as functional.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 08:46:32 AM by HoosierKettle »

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2019, 08:52:12 AM »
I too am trying to figure out a formula to be selective in my herd and move some on, so far I have gotten as far as mixing a cocktail and thinking of a formula, I go to the liquor store once a week.
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

jdorn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2019, 09:26:34 AM »
I've started to limit what I pick up to just MBH kettles. Makes the wife happy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2019, 09:50:04 PM »
Got only 5 kettles left.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2019, 02:58:17 PM »
Got only 5 kettles left.
Im about to half my collection, keep my colored 18, 2 22s, 2 sjs and 1 of each ga

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2019, 03:17:08 PM »
What you’re feeling is natural.  We are here to support you and will provide good homes to whatever you decide to thin from the herd. 

Inter-member sales/trades should provide you with some relief.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2019, 04:39:54 PM »
Why do I use only 3?  Well my always on the patio cookers are my weathered warrior 22" and 26".  I'd like to see them fade more over the years and really get that nice patina I've seen on other WW kettles.  I put fire to my Yachtsman once just to see the color change.  I cooked on my first Statesman for a while until I put her into retirement.  No, I still haven't cooked on The Chief yet.

Some may shame me, hate me, look down on those of us that have grills we wont cook on.  I look at it like this, it makes me happier to look at my clean Yachtsman, Chief, or Caribbean than to see them getting dirty, filled with ash and grease dripping and getting hit by the elements.  I had my WW 22 blown over 3 times this past winter in storms.

Keep what you want to keep, pass them onto your kids or siblings if you have them.  At this point my collection is really close to complete.  The last ones I really want are too rare to search for every day and I'll stick to my rule to not pay more that my set limit.  That has kept me grounded in this whole mess of Weberitis.

Or, smoke a joint and see if your perspective changes!
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2019, 02:34:14 AM »
+1 on the doobie!