Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The Weber Ranger  (Read 1065 times)

jacko1962

• WKC Brave
The Weber Ranger
« on: April 11, 2019, 10:13:52 AM »
How would you approach the purchase of a Ranger. If they are in rough shape needing total restore to an Ebay auction of one that sat in a base for all these years. If the offer comes up I don't want to rip anybody off. Thanks
Weber Genesis 1000 Black with all red oak, 1992 Redhead Performer.  2014 18.5 black. 1985 Black GA

Looking for P code Red Premium Master touch and a EO code Blue Premium Master touch .

Darko

• WKC Performer
Re: The Weber Ranger
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 10:40:59 AM »
I'm not quite sure what you are asking. Are you selling or buying?

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 10:44:43 AM »
Curious as well ?
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 11:15:43 AM »
I had a really good experience purchasing my holy grail, a ‘69 Ranger, last year through the WKC.  If it had been on eBay, I would’ve never been able to afford it. 

Not sure if you’re buying or selling, or whether it’s through WKC or eBay, but I’m sure you’ve generated a lot of interest already!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

jacko1962

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 11:26:52 AM »
Sorry I am looking to buy. The old story A friend has a brother that got the aunts house. Believes he saw a "Wheelbarrow" looking grill way in the back. Just trying to figure a fair price since he believes things are broken.  Have not seen it yet but would like to know what people have paid in the past. I wont be selling anytime soon if it goes through.
Weber Genesis 1000 Black with all red oak, 1992 Redhead Performer.  2014 18.5 black. 1985 Black GA

Looking for P code Red Premium Master touch and a EO code Blue Premium Master touch .

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 12:06:31 PM »
Just ask him what he wants for it, don’t offer, then go from there. Above all else, don’t show eagerness or surprise when you finally get a chance to look at it, it might raise suspicion..lol

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 01:40:56 PM »
What @varekai says. Ask what he wants for it. As to value? It can be anywhere depending on condition.

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
The Weber Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 02:13:09 PM »
I had a really good experience purchasing my holy grail, a ‘69 Ranger, last year through the WKC.  If it had been on eBay, I would’ve never been able to afford it. 

Not sure if you’re buying or selling, or whether it’s through WKC or eBay, but I’m sure you’ve generated a lot of interest already!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

I am glad to hear that Charlie!  The money went to the best possible thing it could have and the grill truly couldn’t have gone to a better grillfella...but damn if I don’t miss that grill!

Good luck Jacko1962!  The ranger is a special grill for sure!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!