Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kick starter for a pellet adapter to a weber kettle... Thoughts?  (Read 2209 times)

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Re: Kick starter for a pellet adapter to a weber kettle... Thoughts?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2019, 05:12:54 PM »
What @CurtP  said. If I want a pellet pooper I can probably get a dedicated one that works good cheaper than this add on.

I'm curious...what pellet cookers are cheaper than the $200-$250 of this unit?

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2019, 05:16:30 PM »
What @CurtP  said. If I want a pellet pooper I can probably get a dedicated one that works good cheaper than this add on.

I'm curious...what pellet cookers are cheaper than the $200-$250 of this unit?

I would guess used.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2019, 08:46:54 AM »
Yep! Used.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2019, 04:49:51 AM »
I added a Cajun Bandit PelletPro on my WSM A and others have adapted it to their kettle. Works fine but not as good as charcoal. I mainly use mine in the winter time. I have detailed pics of my trials on the WSM section

Same here, I started out with the 22" WSM Stacker/Pellet Pro for a few years, then wanted portability and cut into a kettle bowl and mounted it in a frame. All in all it has performed flawlessly for me and I upgraded to the PID controller and it is a tight unit! Hot n Fast, Low n Slow, cool smoke - it handles it all EXCEPT grilling, but thats not a big deal to me.

Most backyard guys I know aren't into long cooks and smoke/grill with theirs. It pisses me off when I hear snobs (I was once one too) talk shit about pellet poopers or complain about lack of smoke yada yada - they can stick with whatever pos they are experts on.

Personally I like the concept, but like I've mentioned on numerous fb pages that this company is doing themselves a disservice by sticking with the kettle platform and not branching out and testing it on Performers, like others have mentioned. I'm a modding hack and would love the challenge to do some R&R on some
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!