Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pellet Adapter  (Read 2064 times)

spidergrills

• Happy Cooker
Pellet Adapter
« on: April 09, 2019, 08:15:00 AM »
Check our Kickstarter!! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1563041397/weber-kettle-pellet-adapter?ref=erlvjd

Now your Weber can be used as a pellet grill! A fully automated pellet adapter that converts your Weber Kettle Grill in to a pellet grill. From low and slow smoking to high heat BBQ, the pellet adapter has 10 temperature settings to easily control your Weber Kettle. Quickly convert your grill from charcoal to pellets and back to charcoal again in seconds. Fits any Weber 22" Kettle Grill.

Who's interested??
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 08:19:36 AM by spidergrills »

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Pellet Adapter
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 09:13:01 AM »
A pellet adaptor is the last thing I want attached to my kettle. That’s just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

dazzo

• WKC Performer
Re: Pellet Adapter
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 11:45:31 AM »
The snake on my 1822 works just fine

But this looks like it’d be fun to play with
Dude, relax your chicken.

WMT

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 01:15:35 PM »
That is a pretty cool idea and looks well built but to me there's just something about cooking with charcoal that satisfies me. Looks like a great product though and if I was looking for a pellet grill to add to my collection I would definately consider this.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 03:36:58 AM »
Been hammering this on facebook - lets see it on a Performer!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

ABROB

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 06:30:29 AM »
Been hammering this on facebook - lets see it on a Performer!

I had wondered about this too.  Tried to think of how to add it to a performer cart and make it all one unit.

Though, if it is light on it's own, that might not be necessary and could be just cumbersome.

shorthairhunter

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 10:18:33 AM »
How is temp control? It seems that having 2 of the lower vents fully open will make the temps spotty.

Looks like a cool idea though, and way cheaper than buying a dedicated pellet smoker.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

SteveZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2019, 12:12:34 PM »
Thats kind of cool, but you have a lot of charcoal purist on this site.
SSP Caribique, Black 2nd Generation Performer, 2018 Green Performer, 1970 MBH 26 Black (Fleetwood) with Roti, 1965 Thumb Screw 49er, (2) Black 18 OTG, 2017 Black Master Touch, Black Genesis Silver B.  E code 14 WSM, AH code 18 WSM, AH code 22 WSM,

spidergrills

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2019, 06:23:28 AM »
How is temp control? It seems that having 2 of the lower vents fully open will make the temps spotty.

Looks like a cool idea though, and way cheaper than buying a dedicated pellet smoker.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

We have done numerous test cooks (and are taping one today!) and the temperature holds within a few degrees of set point (3-5F).

ABROB

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2019, 08:13:02 AM »
Great - Very interested to see a full cook video and see it in action. 

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2019, 09:47:01 PM »
I've got a buddy that is interested in this and things it could fit his performer.  Will it fit a Performer?  It looks like it is height adjustable for various leg lengths.  Will it adust for a Performer or a SSP?  Does the axel engage the base?

It might be nice to have one that can hang from a performer, with the bottom affixed with an adapter to a Performer frame, or maybe the leg sockets.  Would be nice if the adapter could work with any Performer, including the SSPs.  There are still a lot of those out there in use.  Many active griller prefer the SSP to the newer.

I've told him to get a dedicated kettle and order the kit with the cover.

I expect that it would be tedious to use with a Performer or a Master Touch or less so a One Touch Gold.

I presume that to use a Master Touch (& a Performer) the Lid Bale and Ash Ring (Ash Ring on One Touch Gold too) need to be removed. 

It seems that a dedicated One Touch Silver would be excellent, which I've recommended to my buddy.  I've guaranteed him I can find him one before he receives his pellet accessory. 

With a dedicated One Touch Silver, I've recommended that he could cut off one of the sweeper blades and us the One Touch to control the size or block the 2 unused vents.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 09:48:42 PM by ClubChapin »

jacko1962

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2019, 11:53:28 AM »
I would think the pellet systems would go through a bunch of pellets in an 8 hour cook.
Weber Genesis 1000 Black with all red oak, 1992 Redhead Performer.  2014 18.5 black. 1985 Black GA

Looking for P code Red Premium Master touch and a EO code Blue Premium Master touch .