Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Broke in the new Performer tonight  (Read 612 times)

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
Broke in the new Performer tonight
« on: March 20, 2019, 06:22:22 PM »
I picked up a NIB Performer Premium off CL last weekend. I’d been wanting a metal table, LP assist, and a GBS grate for some time. Found out quickly after starting assembly that I’m an idiot, and I’d have to settle for two outa’ those three things (or so I thought.) when I noticed there’s no gas assist on the Premium model. Luckily, the Frankengrill I was planning on replacing with this new edition had a bowl from a plastic table Performer that did have LP, and I’d saved all the parts. So, my new Performer has an old bowl & assist components, and a few freshly-drilled holes, (one soon-to-covered with a brewery sticker or something) but it now fires up like a charm.

So after a few minutes of hot burning to rid the new girl of packing grease & such, I tossed a few onions and waaaaaay to many potatoes in the basement to cook while I prepped some wings & drums to go on the 26er. I feel a little bad that her maiden voyage was a vegetarian one, but at least some butter went onto the melted onions toward the end. All in all, a great dinner tonight that my wife didn’t have to cook.

Sorry, no plated pics. We were too hungry. 🥩

-Jed
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 06:25:35 PM by Jed.cook »
-Jed

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Re: Broke in the new Performer tonight
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 07:17:03 PM »
Nice jobs (Kettle build and cook)!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 07:34:33 PM »
Congrats on the new Performer and nice cook Jed.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 04:26:12 AM »
Grate job on the mods and the cook!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill