Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: War on BBQ  (Read 1976 times)

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
War on BBQ
« on: February 19, 2019, 10:19:19 PM »
This may have been posted here before, but I just found it.  I'm glad I don't have to deal with that nonsense.  It must be similar to dealing with HOAs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqcnnXoUTXk

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
Re: War on BBQ
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 10:26:53 PM »
For some reason, you have to click on the YouTube link to watch this one.

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 05:52:54 AM »
There are a few videos on you tube about this stuff . Crazy if u ask me .

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 07:25:43 AM »
It would be funny as hell, if that guy issuing the complaint summons, lives up wind next to a sewer treatment plant!

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 07:54:44 AM »
I cook/BBQ outside a lot. My next door neighbors on one side of me love it. My next door neighbors on the other side of me complained to me. Too much smoke. Well, no there isn't. It's just the right amount of smoke for good BBQ. I told them, if there is a law prohibiting me of my right to cook outdoors, then show me. If my method of cooking offends you, then have me arrested and put behind bars. Preferably a bar with plenty of Tito's vodka... :-)
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 03:15:54 PM »
Lol the end tho had my rollin. I used to practice magic let me show you a lil somethin

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 09:54:29 PM »

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 06:48:42 PM »
I lucked out. My neighbors never complained. When I move up north I’ll never worry about someone complaining.
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

TD15

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 06:55:40 PM »
It really helps when you live next door to other WKC members!!! 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2019, 11:41:05 AM »
I've seen a couple of these and I expect we'll see a lot more as A.O.C. and her Green New Deal gather more steam.  Pretty soon we'll only be allowed to cook on one of these:

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2019, 01:06:42 PM »

I've seen a couple of these and I expect we'll see a lot more as A.O.C. and her Green New Deal gather more steam.  Pretty soon we'll only be allowed to cook on one of these:

BD

That’s being unfair. All you’ll have to do is cover the south facing parts of your roof and siding with solar panels and you might be able to fire up an electric Q

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2019, 03:29:57 PM »
Another one. Nonsense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNioJJy9NJU

What a joke! And to top it off the city enforcement officer looks like Randy from Trailer Park Boys.

What those dudes should have done...was get a burn permit from the city (for burning brush).

bluewhisper

• WKC Brave
    • Alex Šilbajoris
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2019, 04:26:45 AM »
At my old house, the neighbor two doors down was clueless about running a fireplace correctly (indoors). They would billow out clouds of smoke that made the neighborhood look like a foggy day.

The funny thing was, they never were outside to see that. I honestly think they didn't know what effect they were having on the neighborhood.

In this neighborhood, someone somewhere has a smoker. I get a nice faint whiff once in a while.

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2019, 07:10:46 PM »
That's insane.  I'm surprised your neighbours never had a chimney fire.  If their fireplace was burning so incompletely and billowing smoke that badly, it had to be lining the chimney flue with a ton of creosote.

With respect to the war on barbecue, I'm not surprised.  Disappointed for sure but not all that surprised.  https://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2018/04/vegan-protesters-wont-leave-antler-restaurant-toronto/ is an example of some of the stuff that's been going on not too far from where I live.

It seems to be going on from multiple angles too.
You get the 'isms with the one of those people is barbecuing!  Call the police!
You get the activists like in the article I linked to.  Meat is murder!  Won't someone think of the carbon footprint!  Your barbecue's located on indigenous land!  The smoke from the grill is causing breathing problems with the lady next door who smokes three packs a day!  Our religion objects to pork on your fork!  Our religion objects to beef on your fork!  Honestly, it's unreal these days.  Everyone takes offence to everything now.