Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Performer Umbrella Mod  (Read 2073 times)

solidgoldstein

• WKC Brave
Weber Performer Umbrella Mod
« on: February 12, 2019, 04:35:34 PM »
Hey all! I know it’s cold across so many parts of the country, but before we can blink it will be Spring and Summer, and everyone will be dusting their grills off for another wonderful season of cooks.

My question is, does anyone have any experience adding an umbrella to a performer? My performer is my go to cooker, and the one I leave out year round (covered). I do not have a covered area in my backyard, and was thinking a nice big patio umbrella over the performer might give me some needed coverage in fall months, and also some protection from summer sun.

I stumbled across a picture of someone who basically secured a closed ended PVC pipe to one leg of the performer (pictured), but I’m curious as to if anyone here has done anything that they would like to share! I’m even considering drilling a hole in the table top so an umbrella can slot through. Thanks for any tips!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 04:43:19 PM by solidgoldstein »

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
Re: Weber Performer Umbrella Mod
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 04:54:00 PM »
I simply park it under a free standing patio umbrella.

solidgoldstein

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 06:31:25 PM »

I simply park it under a free standing patio umbrella.

I’ve done that before and it works great, but thought it would be cool to have the umbrella attached to cart for mobility. Might end up looking like a NYC hot dog cart!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 08:29:11 PM »
I’ve done that before and it works great, but thought it would be cool to have the umbrella attached to cart for mobility. Might end up looking like a NYC hot dog cart!

The nice thing about an umbrella not attached to a cooker is that you can use it with any of your cookers or change the position relative to other tables or chairs etc that you might want to accommodate sometimes.

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 11:57:27 AM »
There was a Craigslist find awhile back where someone got creative.

weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/online-find-or-mod/msg315872/#msg315872

weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/i-thought-i'd-seen-it-all-but/msg316153/#msg316153

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 07:28:10 AM »
I have a rectangular stand alone umbrella over my BBQ area. I cannot see the advantage to attaching an umbrella to the cooking unit, especially if there is wind... Yer shit is gonna topple, believe me. Keep it separate from the cooking device.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

MadGasser

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 07:45:09 PM »
There was a Craigslist find awhile back where someone got creative.

weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/online-find-or-mod/msg315872/#msg315872

weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/i-thought-i'd-seen-it-all-but/msg316153/#msg316153
That's great!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app