Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My lack of participation!  (Read 1170 times)

Al b que

• WKC Brave
My lack of participation!
« on: January 16, 2019, 01:45:19 PM »
Life happens and it's not always good. Case in point over Easter weekend my mother of 83 years took a fall after work and broke her hip. 63 years working same job. After surgery 3 days into rehab she has a stroke. Me my wife and my brother all take turns helping care for her. Traveling between Hospital and doctor's appointments not a lot of grill time. I would like to say things are all better now but they're not sad to say two weeks before Thanksgiving we lost our mother God Rest her soul ! She loved to go with me when I would go somewhere to pick up a grill she thought that was fun and it was just because she was with me. My Red Mist SSP is special because of that. It was our last road trip. My heart is beginning to heal now it is time to grill. This is truly a grate Community to be part of. I have found great solace these past few months lurking the forms. Thanks for listening grillfellas@ grillgals

Sent from my VS988 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
Re: My lack of participation!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 02:32:18 PM »
My condolences brother. Fire up the SSP and Mom will be there with you.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 03:41:57 PM »
Very sorry for your loss @Al b que but glad that you have those great memories to hold on to. Happy Grilling and all the best to you and your fam in 2019
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Al b que

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 05:54:06 PM »
Thanks for your thoughts guys. I did manage I totally screw up my first turkey. Smoked turkey that is looks great taste not so great[emoji55]

Al b que

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 05:55:44 PM »
About to forget how to post pics

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 05:20:41 AM »
So sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my mom a few years back and not a day goes by I don’t think of her. Sounds like you and you mom had some great times hunting kettles together. If you start to feel low just think of her and you’ll smile.

Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 11:04:41 AM »
My condolences Al. We're always here.

nvandyke

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2019, 05:40:41 AM »
Condolences to you and your family.  Glad you have those great memories to look back on.