Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Tru Tel Temp Guage for 22" kettle  (Read 2255 times)

Space

• Happy Cooker
Tru Tel Temp Guage for 22" kettle
« on: November 29, 2018, 01:30:07 PM »
So I just ordered the 22" red LE (been wanting one for a while but was nervous about finish issues, fingers crossed) Does anyone know which model Tre Tel Temp Guage will directly replace the stock guage? I'd prefer not to drill the hole wider if I don't have to. I'm new to moding. I realize that the lid gauges are not accurately reading what I'm truely cooking at (I have a smoke for that) But I'm having fun and don't mind sinking a little money into tricking it out a bit. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Btw I've been cruising these forums for some time now and finally joined! Bass ass forum!

Thanks in advance!
                      -Steve

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Re: Tru Tel Temp Guage for 22" kettle
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 01:55:27 PM »
Welcome and congrats on your new LE.

I haven’t replaced a thermo on the new LE, but I’ve used the Tel Tru BQ100 as a direct replacement on older kettles.  Perhaps someone else with an LE can confirm it uses the same thermo and just the bezel is different. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Space

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 02:11:20 PM »
Thanks for the response! I've never done this before so If a new bezel is needed please point me in that direction as well guys. I'm a googan (as we call new guys in the fishing world) to all of this upgrading/modding business :)

Space

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 03:04:01 AM »
Can anyone help me out here? I know it's not really critical as I'm using a thermoworks smoke, but looking to drop one in without drilling out a bigger hole.

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 04:43:22 AM »
@Space I've used this one with success.

Tel-Tru BQ100 Barbecue Grill Thermometer, 1-3/4 inch dial, 2.13 inch stem, 150/700 degrees F

kettlefever

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2018, 02:47:30 PM »
First time post here.  @Space, not sure if you've already made the modification with the Tel Tru BQ100, but if you're still interested, its a perfect replacement for the weber thermometer.

Tel-Tru-BQ100.jpg" border="0
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 12:53:43 PM by kettlefever »

Space

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 03:14:25 AM »
First time post here.  @Space, not sure if you've already made the modification with the Tel Tru BQ100, but if you're still interested, its a perfect replacement for the weber thermometer.

Tel-Tru-BQ100.jpg" border="0

Did you need to buy the mounting hardware or whatever it's called as well?

This is what I'm talking about. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055778PI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A20UTTG8K1FCHY&psc=1

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2018, 03:23:24 AM »
One thing i would change about the Tel-Tru are the markings. No need for the suggested temps words like SMOKE, BBQ, Low Grill etc. and I'm not sure they are always relevant to the temps they line up with. Stick to temps only, and add more incremental markets between the big numbers. 250 would be nice. Also a way to rotate the face so you can set your target temp at 12 o'clock - I find it very hand to be able to check the grill from a distance and see the pointer at high noon and know I'm good.
Retired

kettlefever

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2018, 04:24:57 AM »
No additional hardware was required, it came with its own wingnut.

Space

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2018, 10:20:56 PM »
No additional hardware was required, it came with its own wingnut.
Thanks buddy! About to order one now!