Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Singing the praises of the One-Touch Platinum  (Read 3394 times)

DrewZ

• WKC Ranger
Re: Singing the praises of the One-Touch Platinum
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2018, 07:01:34 AM »
Sorry for the threadjack, but if anyone wants a 22.5 cart, PM me.  Here's what it looks like with an 18.5 WSM.

Drew Z.
70th Anniversary-SSP, A-Code GA, Snap On GA, Blue 18" OTG, Eagles SJ, 18" Tuck-N-Carry Midget, 3-burner Genny Jr., S-320

JPotter

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2018, 07:27:56 AM »
Here's a couple of mine , blue 18 and a sage 22, have yet to restore a blue 22 I also have

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2018, 08:26:25 AM »
Mine is the dedicated rotisserie setup also. My table was cracked/ nasty when i bought it and replaced it,

Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

JPotter

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2018, 10:19:06 AM »
Mine is the dedicated rotisserie setup also. My table was cracked/ nasty when i bought it and replaced it,

Cool set-up .

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

SteveZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2018, 10:38:34 AM »

Here is my OTP I just finished the restore. I just picked up last week. I just need bale rollers I seem to be out in my stockpile.
SSP Caribique, Black 2nd Generation Performer, 2018 Green Performer, 1970 MBH 26 Black (Fleetwood) with Roti, 1965 Thumb Screw 49er, (2) Black 18 OTG, 2017 Black Master Touch, Black Genesis Silver B.  E code 14 WSM, AH code 18 WSM, AH code 22 WSM,

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2018, 02:52:25 PM »
The member ramsfan post from another thread I found.
One Touch Platinum kettles were made from 2000-2004 then discontinued. Then they were redesigned and reintroduced in 2010. The second generation models stood much taller: A whopping 35" inches tall! Also, the lid tilted back like a gasser. The only Weber charcoal grill with this design (except for the RK). The second generation OTP ran three model years from 2010-2012. These are very rare as they were only produced for three years and very few ever sold.

Here is my Gen2 Lime OTP.

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2018, 03:06:45 PM »
Cooking on one of these is like being on the hot line at the Weber Grill restaurant in Chicago. Front handle, centered vent. Fire in the back, cooler up front. Check the food in an instant. Crack the lid for more air. Even the sounds of the lid being rolled back and forth are similar. For all we know, this was designed as the homeowner version of those stainless bad boys they use. Thanks to @mike.stavlund I have one of my own now, and it has a place on my own hot line.
Retired

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2018, 04:14:44 PM »
Cooking on one of these is like being on the hot line at the Weber Grill restaurant in Chicago. Front handle, centered vent. Fire in the back, cooler up front. Check the food in an instant. Crack the lid for more air. Even the sounds of the lid being rolled back and forth are similar. For all we know, this was designed as the homeowner version of those stainless bad boys they use. Thanks to @mike.stavlund I have one of my own now, and it has a place on my own hot line.

Nicely expressed!  For anyone who has not seen what 56MPG is talking about yet.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w1apCSBFnY

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2018, 06:24:40 PM »
Here is another video from the Weber restaurant.  I really need to get there soon, and find a seat right in this spot. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fmo_4HRjek
One of the charcoal people.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2018, 06:27:23 PM »
And @56MPG , after hearing you talk about the way they cook at the restaurant, I was wishing I had cooked on that OTPlatinum a couple times before I sold it!  Though I would be remiss to even risk a chance at a crack on that porcelain! Also since you already have a new cover for that grill it seems like destiny that it goes to you.  Enjoy!
One of the charcoal people.