Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Great time tailgating today  (Read 827 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Great time tailgating today
« on: October 20, 2018, 02:58:38 PM »
My wife and I tailgated at ball state homecoming today. My daughter goes there so I had a chance to feed her and her friends and a bunch of random drunk college kids. It was a great time. I brought the 26er. Glad i did.  The poppers and peppers and onions were prepared on site in 30mph wind. I kept grilling dogs an sausages and holding them in a warm beer and butter bath. Worked great.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 03:01:17 PM by HoosierKettle »

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Great time tailgating today
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 04:32:41 PM »
Looks like a great time man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 07:50:06 PM »
Well done 👍
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 03:30:03 AM »
On a side note, how does everyone handle packing up a hot grill quickly? 

I haven’t heard it talked about but what I have done for years works very well.

I always bring an ordinary 5 gallon plastic bucket half full with water and lid installed.  After I’m done grilling, I use tongs or spatula or dump the charcoal basket straight into the plastic bucket with water. The coals will not burn through the bucket because they extinguish immediately when hitting the water. I dumped the ash bucket into it to so the grill can immediately be packed away. I put the lid back on the bucket and bring it back with me.  Drain the water, throw away the ash and coal and rinse the bucket.

Just figured I’d share this method in case anyone was looking for an easy immediate solution to extinguishing coal on the road.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 04:33:36 AM »
Tailgating with a 26er, I love it, grate tip on the bucket of water and lid
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Great time tailgating today
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 06:59:38 AM »
Tailgating with a 26er, I love it, grate tip on the bucket of water and lid

I thought about brining 2 18 or an 18 and a 22, then I thought why not bring the 26.  I can’t think of another grill with that much space that can be loaded by yourself. Love that grill.

How do you strap yours down?  I run a ratchet strap under the handle with grill upright and tie to either side of the bed.

I thought about flipping it over with the lid nested in the bowl but that didn’t seem right.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 07:45:01 AM »
Of the 10 or more times I have taken her on vacation to the beach, just like you, it seems to work well
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill