Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Freezing uncooked fatties  (Read 795 times)

SteveMBH

• WKC Brave
Freezing uncooked fatties
« on: October 04, 2018, 06:22:01 PM »
Has anyone prepped fatties a week or so in advance?  I need to take some to a party but don’t have time to prep them that day or days before.  Was tempted to make them a week or two in advance and freeze them.  Just curious on your thoughts / experiences.  Let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
Re: Freezing uncooked fatties
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 05:42:06 AM »
I haven't stored them raw but when I make them, I typically make 4-6 and freeze them after cooking.  I keep some whole and vacuum seal them.  The ones I make for myself, I slice and put patty papers in between the slices and store in a ziploc in the freezer.  The slices come out great in the microwave and I reheat the whole fatties in the oven and slice per person.

If you're taking them to a party, I would go the whole fatty route.  Otherwise, you get a bottleneck at the microwave.

SteveMBH

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 02:58:46 PM »

I haven't stored them raw but when I make them, I typically make 4-6 and freeze them after cooking.  I keep some whole and vacuum seal them.  The ones I make for myself, I slice and put patty papers in between the slices and store in a ziploc in the freezer.  The slices come out great in the microwave and I reheat the whole fatties in the oven and slice per person.

If you're taking them to a party, I would go the whole fatty route.  Otherwise, you get a bottleneck at the microwave.

I never thought about cooking them then freezing them.  I’m probably going to go this route.  Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 02:24:10 PM »
This is really the only way I do them now.  I don't want to wake up that early to start.

Here's some I did last summer for work.  Made the week ahead and frozen, thawed overnight in the fridge, and reheated at work in a heat treat oven.  Two are bacon, egg, and cheese and one is smoked sausage, wrapped in breakfast sausage, with a layer of finely chopped and slightly crisped hot links with more sausage wrapped around that, and finally a bacon weave.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 02:34:43 PM by Bubblehead »

BrbdWyr

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 09:07:02 AM »
cook and freeze would be best.