Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Kettle Owner  (Read 1107 times)

pancho2017

• WKC Brave
New Kettle Owner
« on: August 26, 2018, 05:13:39 AM »
I've been a member for a few weeks I joined about the same time I got my very first Weber.
For the last 10 years I've been grilling on a Wal-Mart portable grill I got free. It was new when I got it,  it's nothing fancy but I've done some great steaks, burgers, twice baked potatoes, brats etc on it.

So about three weeks ago I bought my very first Weber Kettle. I ordered it online from True Value for $99. It took about 5 days for it to be shipped to the nearest TV store so during those few days I also bought a Slow N Sear, the Drip N Griddle pan, two of the Bbq Dragon Wing side shelfs and a pair of the Weber charcoal baskets. I've only cooked on that one once I did bratwurst they turned out amazing.

Then yesterday morning I picked up another brand new 22" Weber kettle from a lady on letgo. She bought it about a month ago but never used it. I gave $25 for it. The SNS and side shelfs won't work on this one but the Drip N Griddle pan and charcoal baskets fit perfect.

I did twice baked potatoes on the black one last night, no joke they turned out the best I've ever had in my life and the wifey agreed  she asked if we could just do those every night for supper lol.

I'm going to start cooking more on both I wanted to do easy things first to get the hang of having a bigger charcoal grill. I had the art of cooking and getting the right temps and times on my little portable grill down to a tee, but it's a bit different going from a little rectangle to a big dome lol.

I'll post a few pics of what I've acquired thus far. Wife and I are talking about maybe getting a Q2200 just for when we wanna fix something a bit faster, like after work. However my wife said she could also cook on that so I'm thinking that will be her grill[emoji848][emoji57]
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 12:37:14 AM by pancho2017 »

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
Re: New Kettle Owner from Wichita Kansas
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 05:33:17 AM »
Welp. It’s started.... next thing you know you will have ten kettles. It’s a real thing .

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

pancho2017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 05:33:27 AM »
Other pics I posted went wonky sideways so I'll try them again. New kettle owner and also new to forums[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-J727T using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 05:34:31 AM »
Nice find and welcome. The SnS won’t fit in the black grill because it’s not the original Weber Kettle. It’s the Weber Jumbo Joe made for Walmart stores.

Hang around here and your backyard will be full of Kettles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 06:46:33 AM »
Welcome from Virginia Beach, VA.

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 06:29:53 PM »
Welcome from Wisconsin.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 06:02:18 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga you are on the right path LOL that path will be loaded with kettles soon.
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

pancho2017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 12:41:37 PM »
Thanks everyone and you are right I'm on that path I just picked up a Weber Jumbo Joe 18" today at Lowe's for $15.
I've gone from owning zero Webers to having three in about three weeks, this is addictive lol.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2018, 07:46:35 AM »
Sweet deal on the Jumbo Joe!!!

Was at Target yesterday.  They had a JJ and had it marked down to 40.00  I offered then 30 and low and behold,  The LOD came over to mark it down and said.  SORRY... its the Display.  We don't sell the displays when there are no more in stock.  I thought it was strange....

Just wasnt meant to be...

Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...