Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First ribs on the AD 26er  (Read 835 times)

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
First ribs on the AD 26er
« on: August 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM »
I always buy baby back ribs as they have been my favorite cut but I’ve been trying to make better spare ribs lately.  I built a snake in the 26er with Stubbs. Not a happy start. I dumped the coals and many were broken in half, like the bags were hit with a hammer for fun. Setup the snake and lit the head and let the temp settle.

Hit the St Louis ribs with Stubbs rub and once she settled around 275 on the lid thermometer the ribs went on. I occasionally brushed on apple juice to keep them moist. They went on at 1:00 and guests were coming at 7:30, I planned to pull them at 7. At around 6 they were tender but needed to render some more. I threw the remaining coals in my SnS and sure enough the lid temp shot up to 375. They ran that temp the last hour.

They were beautiful. Fat rendered nicely, tender, and clean bones.

Snake in the 26er is rock steady!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

bmcneely51

• WKC Brave
Re: First ribs on the AD 26er
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 04:13:22 PM »
Beautiful cook!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

avega2792

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 07:01:33 PM »
Mine didn't come out so nice today, but I just take that as an opportunity to keep trying and getting use out of my kettles!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 08:02:20 PM »
Mine didn't come out so nice today, but I just take that as an opportunity to keep trying and getting use out of my kettles!

I don’t know why but ribs are the most fun to cook. You can try so many different methods and end up with great results. Best thing to do is keep making them. I know this rack isn’t competition worthy but I’d like to try a competition in the near future for the hell of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 03:32:40 AM »
Good thing you told me about these after they were gone....
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.