Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I've been duped, what about you?  (Read 746 times)

JayyyR

• Smokey Joe
I've been duped, what about you?
« on: August 07, 2018, 08:28:44 AM »
This past friday there was an estate sale by my house. Out of the 200+ photos they had posted only one caught my attention. I had been eyeballing this one picture for two weeks until the sale.

So me and the little one load up at 730 to make the 8am day one initial opening. We were 10th in line and no one ahead of us looked like they were on a "kettle hunt".

The door opens at 805 and everyone runs upstairs and I'm the first one to the garage. I'm thinking man what an easy score as I casually stroll to the spot in the picture. To my horror I find that the spot the presumed kettle was located had been completely turned over, kettle missing. I shoot out to the deck hoping they moved it outside with the rusty-ass, dusty-ass gasser but no joy.

Only decent find was unbaked cookies on the stove. I presume the owner bit-the-dust shortly after breaking them apart. Although they looked to have been sitting out for a few weeks I casually popped them in the oven at 325 after everyone left the kitchen seeing the cast iron was less than lackluster.

Long story short even though redheads might not be as sought after I'm still trying to get my first. Although I can't be completely sure that was a Weber kettle it sure seemed like it to me. What do you guys think?

Also have any of you fellas ever been left disappointed after seeking a Weber? Especially after pumping up your nuts all week only to get blue-balled harder than virgin human sacrifice? If so let me know, down below.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: I've been duped, what about you?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 08:34:08 AM »
Really hard to tell in that pic. When I知 in doubt I値l try to make contact with the company or owner hosting the sale and ask about the details. I致e had them send more photos so I知 sure not to waste my time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 08:37:48 AM »
I'm not quite certain that is NOT just some sort of large red ball back there.
There was a guy who posted two webers & had pictures where you couldn't see the wheels or bottom triangular grate.  One was an 18, but from the angle, the other looked large enough to possibly be a 26".  I asked him what the sizes where, he came back with something that didn't make sense.  Pointed out that those sizes didn't make sense & he says the larger is a 26".  He was on the South side in a not to great of neighborhood.  Was a PITA to set up a meet as he was out of town a lot.  Turned out to be a 22".  Both were black, one was a MBH & the other had wooden ones.  Both were in great shape.  Disappointed that one wasn't a 26" & wasn't going to buy it until he indicated that the price I thought was for the bigger one was actually for both of them.  So, I have both of them.
regards,
Hal

JayyyR

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 08:42:18 AM »
Really hard to tell in that pic. When I知 in doubt I値l try to make contact with the company or owner hosting the sale and ask about the details. I致e had them send more photos so I知 sure not to waste my time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was close by so I wasn't too worried if it wasn't a kettle. I did contact them but they didn't know for sure what was down there.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 09:10:50 AM »
The closer the drive, the less likely I am to ask additional questions as I'm always concerned at alerting them to what they have.  I've certainly driven places, just to find out that the thing is in much worse shape then I expected.
regards,
Hal