Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ribs galore.  (Read 1375 times)

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Ribs galore.
« on: July 06, 2018, 01:18:55 PM »
We are having 12 guest for my daughter's birthday party so i figured I'll do 12 ribs, 6 SL and 6 loin back ribs.  Some guests are coming very early and the rest 3-4 hours later so I'll just do a back to back cook. First batch are 2 SL and 3 loin back ribs. The 7 remaining ribs will be on the second batch.  Wish me luck folks.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Ribs galore.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 01:28:11 PM »
A walk in the park for a grillmaster that you are, good luck anyway

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Ribs galore.
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 01:39:59 PM »

Thanks for the compliment but i would never consider myself as a grillmaster although i would like to think that i can hang with the casual kettleheads. Oddly enough i don't necessarily eat these things.  Only like to eat it plain with just salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes...no bbq sauce.

qwesthunter

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 01:52:40 PM »
Lookin good. I am sure your guests will devour all of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 02:37:03 PM »
Looks great....thats the way I like the too...without sauce...maybe a little on the side for dipping....maybe

Sent from my LG-H932 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 02:56:18 PM »
Lookin good. I am sure your guests will devour all of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a very odd crowd so i always prepare twice as much food as necessary since they tend to walk in the house with a ziploc bags in their back pockets. Some like to fill it up before they start eating[emoji3]

KettleMaster

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 06:20:14 PM »
Wheres my invite? LOL looks really good

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2018, 02:26:41 PM »
Success! Second batch from yesterday.  Lot's of happy folks.

Loin cooked on the lower rack.

SL on top rack.

DellJones

• WKC Ranger
Ribs galore.
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2018, 03:09:29 PM »
[emoji41][emoji106]🏾[emoji106]🏾

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2018, 04:46:23 PM »

Thanks for the compliment but i would never consider myself as a grillmaster although i would like to think that i can hang with the casual kettleheads. Oddly enough i don't necessarily eat these things.  Only like to eat it plain with just salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes...no bbq sauce.
I'm with you. 'make it simple' is my method nowadays, too. Meat must taste like meat...

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2018, 02:20:52 PM »
Looks awesome Jules. Nice work.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2018, 03:54:42 PM »
Two observations about cooking all these meats at the same time. First is that liquid on the water pan is totally unnecessary. There's more than enough moisture generated by the meats itself.  Second being that it requires the grill to be preheated at much higher temperature prior to placing the ribs on  the grate. On the the first batch consisting of 5 ribs, i preheated the grill to 300 but the temperature dropped to 220 once the ribs were placed in the grill. It took 35 minutes until it got to my target temperature of 255-260.  On the second batch(6 ribs) I preheated the grill to  325 and was able to get the temperature back up to 255 within 15 minutes of placing the ribs. 
On different note, I've always used pineapple juice, with or without honey when i wrap the ribs.  Only time I've used apple juice  is when I'm out of pineapple juice. Just putting it out there since most folks tend to use apple juice.  So if you're smoking at least 2 ribs, try pineapple juice on one of the ribs so you can compare the difference.  Pineapple adds a bit of tartness to the ribs.

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2018, 04:02:37 PM »
Awesome looking ribs . And I am going to try that pineapple the next time. Sounds good. I am also with ya on not saucing ribs. Sometimes to me sauce is just better on the side !

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club