Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Shore fishing in the Bay Area.  (Read 1414 times)

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Shore fishing in the Bay Area.
« on: June 23, 2018, 06:56:19 AM »
My dad is visiting in July and I want to take him shore fishing somewhere in the Bay Area. I don’t know anything- can one of you guys point me in the right direction? Anyone want to go fishing?  ;D @LiquidOcelot
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Re: Shore fishing in the Bay Area.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 07:15:28 AM »
My dad is visiting in July and I want to take him shore fishing somewhere in the Bay Area. I don’t know anything- can one of you guys point me in the right direction? Anyone want to go fishing?  ;D @LiquidOcelot
You are in oakland right? Do you have any rods or fishing gear? The alemeda rock wall is a good spot thats not far. Fish off the rock and you can pull your car right up in some areas. Dont think you need a license to fish there. But if you do day licenses are 17 bucks each. If you have NO fishing gear starting from scratch, hit walmart, look for the shakespeare tiger combo. 17 each rod reel line. Then get some pre made striper or stergeon rigs that have a weight slider already on them only like 2 bucks each. 4-5oz weights. Use anchovies, squid or eel and your ready to rock. Using mono line be careful when reeling in fish on the rocks rock will tear up the line and you could brake off. With that said grab a few pre made rigs. Or invest in some braided line 50-65 lb braid. Its exspinsive but breaking off is greatly decreased.

[emoji305] [emoji476]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 07:28:24 AM »
You are in oakland right? Do you have any rods or fishing gear? The alemeda rock wall is a good spot thats not far. Fish off the rock and you can pull your car right up in some areas. Dont think you need a license to fish there. But if you do day licenses are 17 bucks each. If you have NO fishing gear starting from scratch, hit walmart, look for the shakespeare tiger combo. 17 each rod reel line. Then get some pre made striper or stergeon rigs that have a weight slider already on them only like 2 bucks each. 4-5oz weights. Use anchovies, squid or eel and your ready to rock. Using mono line be careful when reeling in fish on the rocks rock will tear up the line and you could brake off. With that said grab a few pre made rigs. Or invest in some braided line 50-65 lb braid. Its exspinsive but breaking off is greatly decreased.

[emoji305] [emoji476]

Thanks for the tips, Matt. I don’t have any gear personally but my dad will be kitting us out. We’re willing to drive about an hour and having a place with good car access sounds nice. He’ll be on vacation so having good scenery would be good too. Last but not least, we’d like to do mainly dawn fishing so we can hang out with the family during the day. Care to join us?
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 08:49:06 AM »

[emoji305] [emoji476]

Thanks for the tips, Matt. I don’t have any gear personally but my dad will be kitting us out. We’re willing to drive about an hour and having a place with good car access sounds nice. He’ll be on vacation so having good scenery would be good too. Last but not least, we’d like to do mainly dawn fishing so we can hang out with the family during the day. Care to join us?
Thabks for the invite but im on baby watch, so longer days are a no go.

You could always hit up a reservoir too. Los Vaqueros res is on point for striper and catfish during the hot months and its super pretty. If you go to the north entrence off walnut ave in brentwood its a bit if a hike from the parking lot but only real devoted fishermen feel like making the hike. Iv never seen more than maybe 3 groups there. But if you go to the south entrence on the livermore side parking and the main water shed are right there. Plenty of places to pop up a chair and chill. Little more crowded tho.

Point pinole is supposed to be a cool peir but iv never been there to confirm. They have a suttle that runs every 30 past the hour. 8.30 ,9.30. Like that. I just like being on the water so i dint often pay to much mind to the scenery.   

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 09:37:13 AM »
How's the fishing where we had the meatup?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Dude, relax your chicken.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 11:19:22 AM »
How's the fishing where we had the meatup?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Solid.