Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: pork/rice/broccoli  (Read 639 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
pork/rice/broccoli
« on: June 15, 2018, 11:44:56 AM »
We begin with pork, 1.4lbs of pre-seasoned Smithfield pork-something-sirloin (sirloin?) on sale. Don’t buy this, it’s salty. I took one for the team here.

And through the miracle of time, the pork is done, yay. Doesn’t it look great?

Moving right along, we forgot to start the rice! But just like that, SHAZAAM it’s done! Awesome! Never better, I’m sure. I love automated machinery:

Well now it’s time for the broccoli. Red wine vinegar, olive oil and Weber Seasoned Salt (normally I wouldn’t) and parmesan on top.

See it cooking?

No? What about now?

(you get the idea)

Meant to pull the pork at 143 and let it sit. My alarm didn’t go off, or something, and I looked at the Thermoworks Smoke and it said the meat was at 147. “Thanks for nothing?”

Pulled it at 147, covered in foil, and uh, shoved it in the freezer for 4 minutes. Just ‘cause. Like I said, it was salty. But not overdone at all. In fact it looked medium-rare/medium, even after sitting for 30 minutes.

Oh and my 12yr old prepared an “appetizer,” by way of the BAG she left on the freakin’ sofa all afternoon. Look! There’s actual food inside this bounteous container!

Everything got done but there was no one here to eat it with. Kids had gone on a walk. Was I going to look for them, in sandals, and risk spilling my wine? Nope.

It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: pork/rice/broccoli
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 11:56:12 AM »
i resemble that kind of cook, and never ever should you risk spilling your wine. The pork looks awesome
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 12:10:56 PM »
This was two nights ago; I got some extra mileage out of the leftover pork yesterday with spaghetti in marinara.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 05:20:23 PM »
Haha !

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Mike Huff

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 05:19:46 AM »
Looks grate! That's also my choice of wine goblet .. unless I actually do have to walk,  which requires my travel mug with lid!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app