Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Appetizer ideas  (Read 1301 times)

jpowledge

• Smokey Joe
Appetizer ideas
« on: June 03, 2018, 05:12:06 AM »
I have an event coming up in September and I'm looking for ideas for appetizers. I'm looking for something different from the usual rattlesnake bites, poppers ect ect. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jpowledge

• Smokey Joe
Re: Appetizer ideas
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 12:06:43 PM »

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 01:33:49 PM »
One of the most requested things I do is...............
I cut chicken livers into bite sized chunks...Wrap em in bacon and smoke em till the bacon is crisp...
Even if ya don't like livers, you'll love this...

jpowledge

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 01:45:22 PM »
I like livers!
One of the most requested things I do is...............
I cut chicken livers into bite sized chunks...Wrap em in bacon and smoke em till the bacon is crisp...
Even if ya don't like livers, you'll love this...

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 02:25:26 PM »
Twice baked potatoes

Sent from my LG-H932 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2018, 09:30:09 AM »
I know you said other than jalapenos, but come on...really

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2018, 09:59:26 AM »
Asparagus, salt and pepper,  wrapped in stretched out bacon, grilled 'til the bacon is nice. Make sure you stretch the bacon, don't overload so it cooks well. Oh, and a cocktail... or three... 8)
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2018, 12:29:13 PM »

Stuffed mushrooms.  This is our go to appetizer. Pretty simple.  Pull out the mushroom stem.  Fill with cream cheese and then top with a portion of sweet Italian chicken sausage (from Trader Joe's).  Cook for 20-25 minutes on the kettle or in an oven.  I through some apple wood on also (not in the oven) to give it a slight smoke essence.  These were from last weekends West Coast WKC picnic.

"Chasing Classic Kettles"

jpowledge

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 03:01:08 PM »
I know you said other than jalapenos, but come on...really

I love jalapenos! I'm doing this for a contest and I'm afraid of the wrong jalapeno ending up in the wrong judges mouth. If the contest is judge "people's choice " then I am looking for something that everyone can eat.
Asparagus, salt and pepper,  wrapped in stretched out bacon, grilled 'til the bacon is nice. Make sure you stretch the bacon, don't overload so it cooks well. Oh, and a cocktail... or three... 8)
That is what I'm cooking for dinner this evening.

Stuffed mushrooms.  This is our go to appetizer. Pretty simple.  Pull out the mushroom stem.  Fill with cream cheese and then top with a portion of sweet Italian chicken sausage (from Trader Joe's).  Cook for 20-25 minutes on the kettle or in an oven.  I through some apple wood on also (not in the oven) to give it a slight smoke essence.  These were from last weekends West Coast WKC picnic.

Those look good!

jpowledge

• Smokey Joe

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2018, 05:44:07 PM »
Tapatalk dont understand my language
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2018, 06:21:56 PM »
The links work fine on a computer, but you'll gain 200 calories just by clicking on them.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch