Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Santa Monica Grillfella Loaner?  (Read 5892 times)

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
Santa Monica Grillfella Loaner?
« on: April 22, 2018, 08:44:24 AM »
Hey guys, I’ll be on vacation in Santa Monica with my parents, my family, and my brother’s family June 2nd-9th, and the house Grandpa rented for us has a sweet-looking gasser. That’s fine with me for lunchtime burgers & dogs, but we usually like to do a few big dinners with steak, ribs, salmon, maybe even a brisket. You get the picture; to do this right, I’ll have to have charcoal. I need to locate a kettle or two since I’ll be cooking for six adults & five little kids.

I could hit CL when we first arrive, but that could take a couple days to hash out and could get expensive if I have to pay retail for a chimney & other accessories. (Especially since I probably won’t have time to resell anything before we fly out again.)

I was wondering if someone local might be willing to provide me a loaner kettle or two and some basic accessories? Nothing fancy, maybe a chimney & a couple baskets, and of course any charcoal, beer, etc. left over when we head out would be yours to keep. I’m happy to throw down a deposit to cover the items as well.

Let me know if you think you might be able to help a fella out. Thanks.

-Jed
-Jed

varekai

• WKC Ranger
Re: Santa Monica Grillfella Loaner?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 02:19:58 PM »
Damn, if I was closer you could have your pick.. someone here help a brother out!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 05:04:17 PM »
Thanks @Varekai. I guess I should’ve added- if anyone’s ever heading out this way for a vacation in Estes Park or somewhere nearby, feel free to hit me up for a loaner. 🤙

-Jed
-Jed

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 01:37:50 PM »
So we’ll actually be in Venice, not Santa Monica, if anyone’s in that area and can spare a loaner for a few days. It would save me a few headaches. Thanks!

-Jed
-Jed

putoluto

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 06:12:59 AM »
He’s, I just saw this on CL this morning, might work for you?

https://ventura.craigslist.org/for/d/weber-bar-que/6590877632.html

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 06:16:18 AM »

He’s, I just saw this on CL this morning, might work for you?

https://ventura.craigslist.org/for/d/weber-bar-que/6590877632.html

Thanks! I’ll contact the seller right away, since it looks like I won’t be able to pick up a loaner for the week. I wish I could find a Performer that cheap near my house! :)

-Jed
-Jed

putoluto

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 06:33:28 AM »
By the way, Venice and Santa Monica are pretty close to each other

putoluto

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 06:34:44 AM »
I’ll take first dibs on buying it back off you when you leave. PM me this weekend about it

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2018, 09:46:11 AM »
Damn, the seller got back to me & said it was gone quickly. I’m not surprised at that price. Thanks for the heads up though @putoluto. Let me know if you happen to see anything else pop up in the next couple weeks.

-Jed
-Jed

1spacemanspiff

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 07:23:44 PM »
I may be able to help.  PM me.

Sidney
ISO Yellow Offset SJ, Yellow ranger

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2018, 06:40:02 AM »
@Jed.cook , were you able to get some help? and if not, I assume you're flying in to LAX?
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2018, 09:19:51 PM »

@Jed.cook , were you able to get some help? and if not, I assume you're flying in to LAX?

Hey, thanks. I’ve got a call in to Sidney. Haven’t heard back yet. Hopefully I’ll snag something by the time we arrive at LAX Saturday afternoon. If you think you could possibly provide a loaner for the week, please PM me. I’m good for it, and I’m happy to let you keep all leftovers. (Charcoal, beer, etc.) :)

-Jed
-Jed

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2018, 09:27:46 PM »
I would be more than happy to loan, but I'm like 5 hours north of where you'll be... I was thinking if you were driving down, I'm right on the 101. Hope Sidney can come through...

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2018, 09:37:23 PM »

I would be more than happy to loan, but I'm like 5 hours north of where you'll be... I was thinking if you were driving down, I'm right on the 101. Hope Sidney can come through...

Oh yeah, that’s way too far for you. Thanks though; worst case I’ll pick up something cheap on CL locally or just cook on a gasser. Thanks though. Maybe someday we’ll plan a trip up to NOCAL. Let me know if you’re ever out in Colorado. We’ll get a cookout going. :)

-Jed
-Jed

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2018, 08:14:07 PM »
@Jed.cook , Sounds good, hope you find something, enjoy your trip and most of all safe travels brother!!