Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Newly bought Master Touch  (Read 989 times)

elninohese

• Smokey Joe
Newly bought Master Touch
« on: April 14, 2018, 12:45:51 PM »
Hello, just bought my master touch yesterday. Have some questions.  Planning to do wings, what’s best way..pile them up in middle of kettle...wings outside.  Temp 350 for 20 mins. And will this work for ribs===I am lazy person. 4racks in middle charchol around the outside.  340 degrees 2 hrs. Dry rub only—this is how I like them—- sound good?

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Newly bought Master Touch
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 02:12:03 PM »
Welcome to WKC. Your wing idea is sound. Put a full chimney's worth of lit coals into the baskets that came with your Master Touch and place them together in the center. Wings all around. Using the charcoal baskets will concentrate (turn up) the heat for this cook. And you can skip the insert for that GBS grate. You'll have more than 350 degrees and that's OK! Vents fully open.

I'm not a rib expert but have never seen anyone try it that way you said.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 06:01:34 PM »
Hello, just bought my master touch yesterday. Have some questions.  Planning to do wings, what’s best way..pile them up in middle of kettle...wings outside.  Temp 350 for 20 mins. And will this work for ribs===I am lazy person. 4racks in middle charchol around the outside.  340 degrees 2 hrs. Dry rub only—this is how I like them—- sound good?
If by "charcoal around the outside" you mean the snake method for ribs, yes that will work. I can't seem to fit more than 3 full  racks properly, however.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

deans6571

• WKC Brave
    • Twitter Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 05:00:54 AM »
Welcome to WKC. Your wing idea is sound. Put a full chimney's worth of lit coals into the baskets that came with your Master Touch and place them together in the center. Wings all around. Using the charcoal baskets will concentrate (turn up) the heat for this cook. And you can skip the insert for that GBS grate. You'll have more than 350 degrees and that's OK! Vents fully open.

.....thats exactly the method I use on my MasterTouch!

I use a 3/4 chimney full of briquettes, pour them into the charcoal baskets, set the baskets in the middle and after preheating the grill for about 12 mins, throw in the wings all around the edge and then I use a thermometer with a probe (it has presets for different types of meat), stuck into one of the bigger pieces, close the lid (vents are half open and I adjust these to get a nice even temp) until the probe alerts me the food is done!

Severtal pics here, to give you ideas (not all my pics!):

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/profile/?u=15517;area=showposts;start=15

:)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 05:02:56 AM by deans6571 »